Corsair Community

Did i break my H60?

KingRoLo

Hi, I need a quick response on this one if poss.

Really happy with my H60 and its the best cooler that ive bought to date but recently I did spring clean in my system and seperated the fan from the radiator to clean them. After putting it back together and switching on again my CPU temps went through the roof and I discovered that one of the tubes was really hot and the other completely cold.

The pump was connected directly to the psu so i inserted it into the cpu fan header to see if it would give me a reading in the BIOS which it did. So i figured that at least the pump was working.

I then unscrewed the fan and radiator from the case just to see if there was a kink in the tubes but temps are still high after leaving the tubes straight.

I then discovered that when i initially reassembled the fan and radiator I accidently screwed the fitting into the radiator and made an indent into the metal just below the screw hole - see pic.

http://i68.tinypic.com/fnwl88.jpg

Could this indentation stop the flow of water or in some way stop it from working properly? The indentation is pretty small.

Hello there! It appears that the fins have been damaged. This is okay, it will not hurt performance. The water channels are the long thicker "lines" that you see going left to right. The fins are there to dissipate the heat for you.

While this appears to be concerning, don't worry! Until you actually see water leaking out, keep using it like normal and have fun with the build!

If you have any additional questions, comments, or concerns, please let us know!

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Thanks however for some reason its now completely unusable, even on a cold boot into the bios the temp is rising towards 90 degrees. For years at full load it never went above 50. Somethings broken but i dont know what.

Any idea why one tube really heats up and one stays cold?

Also I hear the sloshing of liquid when i gently shake the radiator. Dont understand why it can just stop working after unscrewing the radiator and fan from case, I didnt remove block from cpu.

Archived