Corsair Community

Static in Spotify

mbonadio

I have a Void RGB USB headset. Works great in games. Fabulous actually.

Start up some Spotify music and all I get is a bunch of digital static in the tracks. Every track. Go to my speakers, no issues. So it's clearly a problem between Spotify and Void's. Not limited to Spotify either - I tried Apple Music and have the same challenges.

Anyone else have this? Any thoughts on what I can try to correct - other than turning down volume significantly.

Something interfering with the output - but I play games much louder and have never had a peep of trouble.

Thanks!

USB 2.0 vs 3.0 may have been a major contributor. Switching over to a USB 3.0 plug made a huge difference. Interesting... But looks like I solved my own problem. Odd that I haven't noticed any problems with games or video or other things sooner - obviously streaming puts more out the wire than most games.. Good! Solved!

For kicks I rebooted and went back to a USB 2 port - and guess what - no static! What the heck! And of course now my RGB light won't work. Just like my M65 mouse that decides to shut off whenever it wants.

Rebooted a 3rd time and finally got lights, no static, and all is well even on a usb 2.0 port.... Seriously gotta fix some of this software and issues within CUE!!!

CUE is just broken for the VOID heaset. I have opted not to use CUE at all. Solved my disconnect/lockup issues, auto shutoff. The battery life seems to be a bit better too, light are on and still get 14+ hrs of active use.

Archived