Corsair Community

Duplicated H115i

Greymane

I had been having the issues with the H115i connecting/disconnecting and RMA'd it after support couldn't resolve the issue.

Got the new pump (plus a NZXT hub that seems to have resolved my issue) but iCue now shows the device "H115i PLATINUM (1)" in devices. I cannot control the lights on this one and they are in a default pattern even though I try to turn them off or change them to something else.

I tried renaming the device to remove the (1) but the software will not let me so I assume it is trying to still talk to the original pump.

I tried displaying disconnected devices but don't see another H115i.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software and the issue persists.

Anyone able to tell me where this device data is stored as I can't find it to delete the original.

CUE keeps a record of all devices and their unique device ID. It is forcing differentiation from the original. You could wipe that record, but the easier method is to rename it "H115i_" with a space after the name. Or just call it something entirely different. The software doesn't care as long as it's not identical to the prior name. If the H115i is your only device and you don't care about having to set the fan curves up again, quit CUE, then navigate to C:User/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming and cut and paste the Corsair folder to the desktop. Those are all the profiles and settings. Re-launch CUE and it will re-create the default config. You can delete the old Corsair folder is successful.

It can only talk something that is physically connected via USB. Can you elaborate on the lighting issue? Does it respond if you use the instant lighting colors from the top drop down menu?

Edited by c-attack

Do you have fan/pump speed control right now?

There seem to be a lot of Platinum/XT freeze glitches lately. Most users are resolving this by flashing the firmware. I will throw out my customary warning not to do this excessively and there is always some risk in flashing the firmware. If you are not comfortable, contact Corsair support.

CUE -> Settings -> H115i Platinum

Click on the update firmware button. It will tell you it's up to date. Then click force update. It will reload the current firmware. Cooler fans and pump will go max for a few seconds while the software loads.

Nope...no control over fans or pump. Sorry I should have mentioned that.

I guess I will give firmware flash a try...I just dont like forcing those when it says the correct version is installed.

I still think it is something with the software being confused over which pump is actually installed. I went into the config file manually and edited the names to fix that, but it still seems to be sending commands to the old pump.

Firmware flash failed as it was trying to talk to the non-existent H115i.

I uninstalled iCue again, deleted the data folder and reinstalled from scratch. For about 20 minutes I had control of the cooler. When I started to go in and configure lighting, I lost control of it again.

:(