Corsair Community

Where can I find an AMD retention bracket for motherboard???

Rommigah

Where can I get the standard AMD 64 retention bracket/socket mounting?

I recently bought a evga SLI motherboard and 7800 gt, and I also bought the amd 64 retention bracket for the hydrocool 200ex cooler which I have. Now the problem is that the motherboard socket mount doesnt have holes for the corsaid 64 retention bracket to go through. Intead of having screws, they decided to use these platic things to keep the mount kit and back plate in place. Obviously, i need to change the bracket on the motherboard to a retail amd socket mounting kit and bracket which has the standard holes and screws, so I can install my corsair athlon 64 bit retention bracket and my water block. Otherwise, I cant install my bracket and water block on my current motherboard. The holes are there but the long black screws that came with the 64 bit retention bracket cant be drilled through. Anyone have any suggestions? What can I do?

Umn I didnt say I was going to drill the motherboard. I siad Im looking to change my retention bracket and back plate. The one i have on the motherboard has the plastic locking mechanism, while the one i need is the one that uses the scres for locking. I cant use the corsair 64 bit rentention bracket for the waterblock with the current amd 64 retention bracket on the motherboard since it uses the plastic locking instead of the screws.

i attached a pico f my motherboard, and a motherboard from abit. See how mine has the plastics? and the abit uses the conventional screw? Where can I find something like that? I'm sure it would be easy to swap out my bracket with a bracket from any other manufacturer. I just dont know where to buy it

evgamotherboard.jpg.0783a7245c35e7bace8ccc090d8b4326.jpg

abitmotherboard.jpg.99ce65a3dd10a5d1b04686c1e52d857c.jpg

No i'm not going to return it. It's a very nice motherboard, great features, etc. Has everything I need and offer good overclocking options. Using a 3700+ @ 2.7 ghz

I actually took off the bracket before i installed the CPU. It's not glued or anything it simply comes off. I basically need to replace it with a bracket from a different vendor. Which vendor and how I dont know.

My last choice will be to go down to the local store, pick up any DFI socket 939 motherboard, and swap the brackets, since both retentions are yellow, and return the board. I dont want to do it, but what other choices do i have?

Ther board came free with my 7800 gt, and why the heck would i sell it and have to shell out more $$$ for another board that does the same thing but its called asus or msi or dfi??? not wroth it. Stupid plastic rentetion, why couldnt evga stick with the reference design

Why hasn't anybody at Corsair come up with a retention system for the water block that uses exactly the same retention clamp as the fan systems? would get rid of all these problems altogether. Hook it on turn the lever and its locked.

Anyway thats what I have done after being stuffed by the distributor. No mod t the board at all.

Archived