Corsair Community

Downloading CUE removes VOID from playback/recording devices

HORRIBLE JUNGLE

I have the black VOID. The headset had always worked up until today when I had to reinstall all my drivers including CUE. The headset was detected in playback settings aswell as the mic in recording. However, the headset is removed from playback/recording devices upon downloading the CUE software. But when I look in the CUE software it shows that the headset is connected, and the white light on the dongle is steady.

I have been browsing the forums for this issue and a few people seem to have the same problem. I have tried some of their advice such as going to device manager and uninstalling, then clicking detect hardware changes, reinstalling and repairing CUE, restarting PC(multiple times), plugging in the dongle in both USB 3.0 and 2.0 (it says device failed to install but it still shows up in CUE), re-syncing the dongle and headset, and I also tried to force a firmware update to see if anything happened.

So far nothing has worked, any suggestions?

I had the same issue after the update. I had to go into Device Manager and delete the device and its driver. After that I just removed the USB receiver for the headset and then plugged it back in. It reinstalled the drivers and worked fine after that.

That's odd. Reloaran's method should have worked.

Delete the drivers (ticking the checkbox) via Device Manager again and uninstall CUE. Then make sure the install location is empty/not present (Default location;C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine). When its deleted/not there, reinstall the latest or previous version of CUE and see if the error still occurs.

I followed your steps posted and had no success with the latest version of CUE. I uninstalled VOID from the drivers list (and made sure to check the box), and then windows detected the Dongle and installed the driver, my headset then came back to playback/audio devices - picture below.

69eec92c8b5d2df5af115f860c993357.png

I then followed your instruction and went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair to check for any remaining software, all I found was the folder K70 firmware update.

I then reinstalled the latest version of CUE, and once the install got to "Installing driver 1/2" my headset dissappeared again and the driver software installation box said "Corsair composite virtual input device - ready to use". - picture below

e6a13f79c7aa5bbcaa81b1ff7d33efc5.png

I am not sure if the problem is with the latest version of CUE, but I have not been able to find a previous version download.

When you uninstalled CUE, it probably installed the generic USB audio drivers. You can check if that is the case via Device Manager under the drivers tab for the headset.

The second screenshot is the driver for the keyboards and mouse. It seems like the driver signature error is still present. Go to the install folder and click the driver > audio folder. Double click "corsairgamingaudio.cat" and check if the Security catalogue is valid and digital signature is ok (View Signature) button.

So far, it could be;

- The digital signature stuff is fine in CUE's install folder and its a corrupted .cat on your computer.

- Your Computer and/or BIOS date/time is incorrect.

- Bad installer?

Previous CUE versions can be found here;

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=138472

I am having the same exact issue.

Furthermore, the headset DOES show up under Devices and Printers, as is described in this thread from another person with the same issue.

I've tried everything the original poster described, but I have also completely updated Windows, to no avail. This is very frusturating, ha ha. :mad:

Could anyone shed some light for me?

EDIT:: On CUE 1.12.75 and VOID 36.08

void.thumb.PNG.57fa319d441dcb53afed29397042a4d6.PNG

Firstly, sorry for double post.

Secondly, another thread describing what seems to be the exact same issue can be found here.

I followed Toasted's instructions in that thread to see the description of the device's status, and it is the same as the status described by the Original Poster. Screenshot attached.

I have not tried rolling back CUE to an earlier version, however.

EDIT:: Another thread describing the same issue said to uninstall and the driver from Device Manager and then Scan for Hardware Changes. This did not change anything for me. Screenshot attached.

Seems to be a lot of people having this issue. Fresh out of the box, I've spent four hours now troubleshooting this headset. An awful lot of trouble, but it seems like a superior product once it eventually starts working...

1726323112_void2.thumb.PNG.4ef7212d27f23c0507c59c28ce95e34d.PNG

653287812_Void3.thumb.PNG.16f042664f07079f02cc1f2fbc941239.PNG

So i had the same problem, after updating CUE had noting in playback or recording devices. Had no end of drama with these freaking headphones.

So what i did was go into device manager, uninstall the Corsair Void wireless gaming headset driver that says it is not working correctly and tick the box to delete the driver. Go to the top of device manager click action then scan for hardware changes, it should find a driver that works and install it.

Fixed my problem hope it fixes yours.

@Tantoblade

Did it reinstall the Corsair drivers though? Are the features in CUE still working? What driver version did it install?

@Sharkateer

is the signature in the .cat file valid and ok?

It can be found here;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\driver\audio

@Toasted

Certainly seems that way. Please see attached.

EDIT::

@Tanto Thanks for the advice, mate. I have already tried that step, though, and the drivers 'failed to reinstall properly'. See screenshot Void 3.png of my earlier post. :)

EDIT 2:: Ignore me for now. When I finally had the good sense to run Windows Upate a second time today after having installed every possible update two days ago, I saw that it had over 200 updates available, up from the 49 that were available and installed on Saturday. I suppose it didn't see the further additional updates until I had checked for and installed the existing ones? Anyway, I'm just doing a clean reinstall and update of Win7, and I'll post here if the headset works after that.

756828829_voidcat.thumb.PNG.8c5e012455477f3ef92a401809963b44.PNG

• 2 months later...

Archived