Corsair Community

New H100i and need some help with issues

BigDaddyShane

First off I have to give Kudos to Corsair for sending me an H100i as a replacement for an H100 that was making a constant grinding noise. This unit is as super quiet..

However my issues are as follows. I downloaded the Corsair Link software and it does not see my H100i at all. I also checked in device manager and it doesnt seem like my PC sees it either. Its definitely working fans are spinning Corsair Light on the unit is working.. and my core temps are around 35degrees ( about 3-4 degrees cooler than the faulty h100 i had ).

Also I notice that my start up time on my SSD is a much slower since installing this unit. I get a C6 notification when booting up for about 7-10 seconds and then it boots up like normal..

Any advice would be appreciated..This is my first build and I am at the point that I want to stop tinkering with it and get everything working like clockwork...

Thank you in advance

Ah ok my fan controller doesn't work either but sometimes if I have it plugged I'm it'll delay me on bios for about 20 seconds then boot (which takes exactly 5 seconds) which is kinda ridiculous if you ask me wait 20 seconds for a 5 sec boot I THINK the error I got was c6 too but it's been like 3 months since I checked.. I do know however that It ****ed with my ssd and my computer literally froze because the longer I had my computer on the slower and slower my ssd got until eventually I was getting less than 10kb/s and another one is on a separate occasion my whole computer was getting like 10 frames per second... So like when I would close chrome I would see it fading away haha (kinda) cool anyway it did **** with my computer a bit... Need to get this fixed ugh :( oh and what's weird is my ssd was at 100% usage yet it was only transferring like less than 100kb/s I saw then it got even slower to under 10kb/s then my computer started freezing and I had to restart didnt do any permeant damage of course but it was kinda weird

Quick update. I found a post on the forums that helped me identify the fact that the MB definitely sees the H100i as I verified that it sees the hardware profiles. However the Corsair Link Software doesnt see it. Apparently I might need to try another USB header on the MB so I will try that tomorrow and see how that works..

Problem solved.. Changed the MB header for the H100i.. I looked to see what was on each header and put the h100i on a header by itself and Corsair Link worked instantly allowing me to change profiles and the color of the LED just fine.... This for some reason also dropped my boot time back down..

Archived