Corsair Community

CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 compatable with CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9B

Stallion12

I ask because I bought a two pack of CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 not realising that I should have bought the trichannel 3 sticks of ram pack. My question is, would the blue CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9B work for a third stick? Or should I return these two and order the 3 pack?

The two sticks work right now in the computer, but it is only working single channel. Not sure what to do to get a third stick.

Hi Stallion12

Corsair don't support mixing mimory modul.

Yes, you should get a certifeid triple channel memory kit. For stability it betther to get a single memory kit. If you have 2 memory modual you could run in dual channel!!! Install memory modual in slot 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 depending ove motherboard.

Hope this help

Sincerly yours

I ask because I bought a two pack of CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 not realising that I should have bought the trichannel 3 sticks of ram pack. My question is, would the blue CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9B work for a third stick? Or should I return these two and order the 3 pack?

You should just return them for a proper matched set. Just to add to this , since this is a dell board you may want to check with them on memory compatibility. Or see if your system is listed in corsairs memory finder.

Do I have to set them to dual channel? They are only appearing as single channel.

You don't have to set anything. The MB will put them in dual channel on it's own. If it's not then the board is having some sort of issues. Where are you seeing that they are running in single channel?

I'm actually not sure what they are in, I ordered the three pack.

What I ment to say was,, is there a way to check? Because they are registering at 1333 not 1500, and should the xmp have kicked in? Or is that only when you have 3 sticks?

What I ment to say was,, is there a way to check? Because they are registering at 1333 not 1500, and should the xmp have kicked in? Or is that only when you have 3 sticks?
All memory will default to 1333mhz when first inserted until changed otherwise in the BIOS. You need to enable the XMP profile before the sticks will run at their rated speed of 1600mhz.

If you are not sure how to do that ,please check your MB manual. It will be covered in there. That setting is usually found in the advanced overclocking features of your BIOS.

Archived