Corsair Community

Will we ever get profiles that hook into games

So yeah, I've a K65 RGB Lux and find it an alright keyboard, but i feel the keyboard could be much better if the software could hook into games, I'm a massive H1Z1 fan and would love nothing more for my keyboard to flash red when im being shot at, or my keyboard to flash green when i need food, or blue when i need water... even yellow when i run out of stamina etc..

All of that could possibly be possible if you could hook the software/profiles into games and set triggers for lighting events.

Does anyone know if this will at all be possible in the future? :o:

If you know C++ or C#, you could write software to do this yourself.

The problem with Corsair trying to do it is that many games do not present any data that can be used to trigger keyboard effects without having to hack into said game's memory at runtime. To make matters worse, the few that do typically all do so in different ways. It would be really hard for them to develop such effects for all the games out there.

If you know C++ or C#, you could write software to do this yourself.

The problem with Corsair trying to do it is that many games do not present any data that can be used to trigger keyboard effects without having to hack into said game's memory at runtime. To make matters worse, the few that do typically all do so in different ways. It would be really hard for them to develop such effects for all the games out there.

Not to mention most games have a TOS that strictly forbids hacking of the games memory.

This thread contains very precise replies.

I'd like to summarize: At this point it's not up to Corsair to make this possible, it's up to the developers of H1Z1 to support this integration

^ Bingo. There is little to nothing Corsair can do other then ask the developers to help.

Archived