Corsair Community

Question about CUE and k70 rgb

klomshom

Hi, I had this question so I thought I'd register an account in the Corsair Forums so I could get your guys' advice. Anyway, my question is this: Is it supposed to be that you have to open CUE every time for the k70 rgb lighting effects to start? Or is there a way to have the lighting effects start on boot up w/o having to wait for CUE to open/opening CUE yourself? Because the background color i chose lights up the keyboard on boot up (blue in this case), but the wave effect I created doesn't start until CUE opens, which takes some time. I just want to know whether this is supposed to happen or if I'm just stupid, mainly because it would be nice not having to have to wait a minute for CUE to open for my lighting effects to start, then to have to close it again. Thanks in advance! :biggrin:

Whoops, maybe I wasn't specific enough. After I created my profiles and modes and they were working, when I reboot and log in I have to wait for CUE to start up in order for the lighting effect that I created to start up again (only the solid background led shows up before CUE automatically opens up). I was wondering if this was supposed to happen, or if the lighting effect that I created should start (wave, ripple, etc.) right when I power my pc on again instead of after I log into Windows and wait for CUE to open.

Yes, that is normal. CUE has to load the profile animations and macros. On its own, the keyboard can only display static lighting. Animations/macros will not work in the lock screen and take a little bit of time (maybe 30s) to show up after logging in after rebooting or unlocking the PC because the keyboard is not being complimented by CUE until CUE loads the profiles.

• 1 year later...
Yes, that is normal. CUE has to load the profile animations and macros. On its own, the keyboard can only display static lighting. Animations/macros will not work in the lock screen and take a little bit of time (maybe 30s) to show up after logging in after rebooting or unlocking the PC because the keyboard is not being complimented by CUE until CUE loads the profiles.

Hmmm.. This seems silly! Lets say I would like my Keyboard to display a default color scheme.. even just a static one, when my Windows 10 machine boots up but is not logged in, or when I am logged out or even in Screen Lockout mode while I am away from my desk? Currently my keyboard goes black! What is required to get the keyboard to display in those conditions?

Jeff

Archived