Corsair Community

iCUE slow / not responding

bumpy

Issue is that working in iCUE results in long delays (several minutes) where the software indicates that it is 'not responding' in the title bar and in taskmgr. If I wait it out eventually it comes to life and i can do what I intended. I never get error messages, just long periods of unresponsiveness. I'm typing this post after a fresh install of Windows 10 1909. The issue happened before and after the fresh install. I'm using iCUE 3.25.60 for a K70 RGB and Sabre RGB. I've checked logs and haven't seen anything interesting yet.

Once I get everything set up the way I want it -- profiles imported and linked to game executables, etc, i don't have any problems that I know of. It's just interacting with the iCUE window itself.

Edited by bumpy

• 1 month later...
I have the exact same issue... I believe it started when I updated iCUE to version 3.27.68. Anyone from Corsair looking into these problems? I can assist with debugging or log capturing if needed. I can easily recreate the problem.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

OP here.

I think I've got it figured out. I have a front panel card reader / USB hub installed. Each of those card readers is given a drive letter by default by Windows, even if there's nothing mounted. I was adding some storage and decided to remove all those drive letters to re-order stuff and once I did that, iCue is working fine. Why? dunno. But ok.

• Confused 1

OP here.

I think I've got it figured out. I have a front panel card reader / USB hub installed. Each of those card readers is given a drive letter by default by Windows, even if there's nothing mounted. I was adding some storage and decided to remove all those drive letters to re-order stuff and once I did that, iCue is working fine. Why? dunno. But ok.

also fixed super long RDR2 load times. who knew.

• 2 months later...
OP here.

Thank you so much this fixed my problem immediately.

• 3 weeks later...
OP here.

WOW This fixed my issue too! Who knew. Thanks mate

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Unmounting a disconnected network share fixed this issue for me

Yes. Fixed it for me too with newest version 4 of iCue software and K95 Platinum keyboard.

Found out here since support didn't react for days.The software now behaves as expected.

EDIT:

Probably has something to do with this Windows Explorer issue that seems to come with newer Windows updates:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapped-drives-hanging-windows-10-file-explorer/b80a4e71-2156-47fd-b5ad-b2127d7d0ced

Edited by TvdT1975