Corsair Community

Can Corsair ML fans be run upside down?

HKPolice

Not sure, but I just installed my new ML120 Pro to replace my SP120L and I've been getting a very weird chirping noise which gets more annoying the faster the RPM, and it's installed straight up. Getting a replacement on Friday and hope this isn't a bad batch or something.

Not sure, but I just installed my new ML120 Pro to replace my SP120L and I've been getting a very weird chirping noise which gets more annoying the faster the RPM, and it's installed straight up. Getting a replacement on Friday and hope this isn't a bad batch or something.

That's really disappointing for such an expensive flagship fan... is Corsair replacing it or the retailer?

That's really disappointing for such an expensive flagship fan... is Corsair replacing it or the retailer?

Amazon is replacing it. As much as I think Corsair's RMA process isn't too bad, I'd rather not have to pay for return shipping like I did for my H80i GT, which was pretty much barely a week old so there goes $15.

There is no reason not to take advantage of Amazon's return policy. They are absurdly benevolent.

Let us know how it turns out. The magnetic levitation bearing should address the problem with these rifle/sleeve bearings in the inverted position. However, I am not aware of any other manufacturer using this design, so there is no basis for comparison.

You guys had me going this morning. I though you were having a conversation with yourself. I might need a bigger monitor... or glasses.

• 1 month later...
There is no reason not to take advantage of Amazon's return policy. They are absurdly benevolent.

Let us know how it turns out. The magnetic levitation bearing should address the problem with these rifle/sleeve bearings in the inverted position. However, I am not aware of any other manufacturer using this design, so there is no basis for comparison.

You guys had me going this morning. I though you were having a conversation with yourself. I might need a bigger monitor... or glasses.

A month later, I'm returning the second replacement fan from Corsair. All of them have the exact same chirping noise at certain RPMs and I literally have to smash the back panel of my case (also Corsair) to get it to stop. Almost every item I've bought from Corsair has been defective, from my STRAFE RGB to my Carbide 400C to my H80i GT and now even ridiculously expensive $25 case fans. I'm sick and tired of spending more and more money with Corsair just to get disappointed from them, no matter how many good reviews I hear from them.

Archived