Corsair Community

H150i Elite Capellix AIO w/ MSI JCORSAIR header

theGtok

Hello,

I am putting together a system with the the following components.

Case: LIAN-LI PC-O11 Dynamic Razer Edition

Motherboard: MSI Z490 Gaming Carbon

RAM: Corsair RGB Vengeance PRO

I would like to get a H150i Capellix cooler and some Corsair case fans. The Corsair AIO seems like a breeze to install with the Commander CORE and adding the extra case fans to the CORE seems easy as well. The problem is that I would also like all of my RGB to be synced. The case has 3 ED strips built in (which go to a USB header) and use Razer Chroma.

The only way I can think of to sync everything up is to connect the Corsair cooler and case fans to the Commander CORE, and then connect the Commander CORE to the JCORSAIR1 header on the MSI board. Since Razer Chroma can interface with Mystic Light, all of the lighting could be controlled through Razer Chroma.

Is this even possible with the Capellix cooler? I assume if I connect the Commander CORE to the JCORSAIR1 header instead of a USB header, I will lose the ability to control the pump on the cooler etc since I won't be able to use iCUE. What about fan speeds?

Is there any other way to get all of the RGB synced up?

Finally, given that the AIO comes with ML fans, does this means I should purchase ML fans to use as case fans as opposed to LL fans since they don't have the same number of LEDs?

This is confusing for an RGB novice like myself. Thanks for the help.

Hi buddy..

No you can not connect the Commander Core to the jcorsair1 header.. the Commander core is connected via internal usb header... the jcorsair1 header is an RGB header and not a USB header.

Thank you for your reply. So the only thing I can do to get the fans working with the MSI board is to plug the Commander CORE into a USB header, and then plug the fans into the RGB lighting hub that comes in the 3 pack of fans into the JCORSAIR header if I want to achieve all the RGB to sync (with the exception of the pump LED which will be in iCue)

Thank you for your reply. So the only thing I can do to get the fans working with the MSI board is to plug the Commander CORE into a USB header, and then plug the fans into the RGB lighting hub that comes in the 3 pack of fans into the JCORSAIR header if I want to achieve all the RGB to sync (with the exception of the pump LED which will be in iCue)

If you mean the RGB fan hub that came with ML or LL fans, then sure you can plug the 3 pin to the JCORSAIR header on your motherboard. But it won't solve the all in 1 RGB control that you want, as the pump header is still controlled by icue as you mentioned. By the way mystic light sucks if you want to do effects because the control over individual LED is nonexistent. There is another way to sync RGB via software if you want.

Edited by pontageek

• 3 months later...

Hello, i hope i am not too late to this discussion.

I try not to open new thread hence my inquiry in this thread.

Mine is same issue except I need it to be dumbed down for me.

How do i controll my H150i Elite Capellix RGB through Mystic Light? or is it even possible?

my mobo is MSI z370 gaming plus.

Please assist, as I have tried enable or disable the "limited software control" on the aio icue settings, but mystic light still did not detect the aio no matter what i do.