Corsair Community

DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 DRAM 4.000 only working @ 3866 MHz

hannes85

Hello,

i have the DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 DRAM 4.000 on my Asus Rog Maximus XII Formula Mainboard with an Intel Core i9 10900K. Using the XMP Settings the System doesn`t boot. If I reduce the DRAM Clock to 3866 MHz it Works. Why doesn't it work with 4000 MHz?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

It could be a number of factors, XMP is technically memory overclocking easy-mode so component configuration/quality can cause a kit to not hit its rated speed from time to time.

It's unlikely, but a common issue with memory can be too much pressure on the CPU socket, double check your processor to ensure that it's making good contact with the pins in the socket and be mindful of how much pressure you apply when securing your cooler (try to hand tighten if possible to avoid over torquing any screws for your cooler mount).

To hit the rated speed, you may need to apply XMP first in BIOS and then loosen the timings manually a bit before applying changes to BIOS and see if that results in a successful boot .

I suggest reaching out to our tech support team at https://help.corsair.com for additional assistance with your memory kit.