Corsair Community

Temperature sensor fitting not detected by iCUE

Drewman

Hi,

I use this temperature sensor fitting from Alphacool (https://modmymods.com/alphacool-eiszapfen-g1-4-inline-temperature-sensor-deep-black-17363.html) and plugged it in channel 1 of my Commander Pro. iCUE doesn't seem to detect it, is it simply incompatible ?

Thanks for your help !

Shouldn't be as it is a standard 10kΩ thermal sensor - what the Commander Pro expects. I use a pair of Phobya inline sensors on my Commander Pro's without issue (albeit they vary about 1°C from each other).

I tried plugging it in either side but I still can't see it in iCue. Using latest firmware and software versions.

I can see a "Temp." variable in iCue above the voltage values which I guess is an integrated ambient temperature sensor inside the Commander Pro ? I guess I should be seeing "Temperature #1" for my loop sensor the same way I see "Fan #n" for each fan ?

I tried plugging it in either side but I still can't see it in iCue. Using latest firmware and software versions.

I can see a "Temp." variable in iCue above the voltage values which I guess is an integrated ambient temperature sensor inside the Commander Pro ? I guess I should be seeing "Temperature #1" for my loop sensor the same way I see "Fan #n" for each fan ?

What is the reading of "Temp"? It sounds like the Commander Pro is seeing your sensor as a Hydro X value which would be the coolant temperature and more than likely why it is simply called "Temp". It won't be an "integrated ambient temperature sensor" but rather the current temperature of the coolant reported by your Alphacool sensor. And you're right, you'd expect it to be called "Temp #1" if it was on the first sensor port, "Temp #2", etc. BTW. I renamed my Phobya sensors to be labelled as "H₂O Temp" within ICUE... it saves any confusion.

I had a similar problem when upgrading to the latest version of ICUE. It was insisting I had a Hydro X setup where I have a full EKWB system. Moving my sensors to the second temperature port on each Commander Pro resolved the issue but apparently all I had to do is tell ICUE that this wasn't a Hydro X build by clicking the "HYDRO X Detected" button and saying "no, it isn't").

This is what I see https://imgur.com/a/qgbi7kJ

Is there an integrated temperature sensor in the Commander Pro ?

The temp indicated here is close to the motherboard temp so it could either be the ambient temperature or the liquid temperature, the thing is I'm not certain this temperature comes from my inline sensor.

If there's no ambient temperature sensor integrated in the commander pro then you may be right and it probably detected my sensor as a Hydro X sensor

Great ! Thank you for that. I really wasn't sure because it's full name is "COMMANDER PRO Temp.", which lead me to believe it's some kind of integrated sensor.

I'll just rename it to Liquid Temp. just to make things clearer.

Thank you