Corsair Community

Issue with K70 RGB MK.2 LP backlight button

Pinocchio

Hi community,

I do have an issue with my K70 MK2 LP.

If I press the back light button, it does nothing.

Setting the back light is only possible thru icue, but not on the keyboard itself.

Profile selection is working (button beside) - windows lock is working as well.

strange behavior. The keyboard is around 6 months old.

current firmware 3.24 is on it.

what shall I do?`

thanks, Christian

The "backlight button"? The brightness selector?

You can try the soft reset listed below, however I suspect what you really need is a firmware flash (hard reset). Contact Corsair Tech Support through the Ticket Support System in the header above so they can send you the firmware file.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025465031-How-to-Reset-your-keyboard

Try force updating with the current one first.

Settings: Click Update. It will say you already have the current version, but then open two action choices below.

Select "Force Update" and then click the update button. That will reload the current version.

I am not sure if this will cure it or not, so the ticket still is a necessary step.

I tried it, but it is not working.

The keyboard is also not loading presets at power up, I tried erasing and writing the 3 profiles several times. The keyboard is dark, no light - but working on keypress. After loading icue, the icue presets are showing up.

Maybe the keyboard needs to be replaced or a factory reset firmware?

Regards

It might need to be replaced. I cannot remember any other users who specifically had the physical brightness button fail, so its not clear if its internal firmware or simply the button itself. Obviously if you just bought this, you can exchange it with the retailer. If not, then you need the support ticket so Corsair can take care of you and replace it.

If you force updated the current firmware, that is the same thing as resetting it. I am not sure what else you can do. It may very well be the button itself since the keyboard has brightness functionality through the application.

On boot - Before the OS and iCUE load, the keyboard is governed by its 3 HW profiles saved to the device internal memory. The lighting patterns are something like HW1 - Spiral rainbows, HW2 - Rain, HW3 - Color shift. Regardless, these can be overwritten.

Go to your profiles list and find K70P HW1, HW2, HW3. They should all be in a row and were created the first time you plugged in the keyboard. Select HW1. Click on the keyboard. Everything else in the system should go dark. Go the lighting panel and choose the effect you want during boot or any time CUE is not running.

Finally, you must save the new changes to the device. Click on the onboard profiles tab below the lighting option. This will show you three save slots. Save HW1 to slot 1. You should see a progress saved graphic.

You change between any of the three HW saved presets by pushing the keyboard "Profile" button in the top left when CUE is not running. If iCUE is running, then it will shuffle between unassigned software profiles.

Edited by c-attack

It seems like something more complicated is going on. The soft reset and firmware flash were your only real tools to attack this. If those did not work, I think you are stuck until support can suggest something else or replace it. At least the keyboard seems to work in the normal state.