Corsair Community

problems with my xms 3200 and abit

nickster84

I have had a stick of 512 corsair ram for about 5 months now, worked awesome. I decided to get another stick of it yesterday so i would have a gig's worth. When i try to install the second stick, the screen won't boot up, even the lights on the keyboard won't come on. They are the exact same types of ram, i think one is a v1.1 and the other like a v4.1, thats the only difference. How can i get them both working? Thanks

i have corsair xms pro 512 sticks with the LEDs. When i have both sticks in and turn on the computer, the top 2 lights of the ram will be on but nothing else. The monitor stays blank but doesn't shut down or anything. I am using a ABIT KV8 MAX3 and its been a great board so far. My processor is a AMD 64 3200+. I have no idea what the problem could be because they are the exact same types of ram. I know one is not dead because i switched them and the comp works fine. I have used bios to fix the timings but when not working i turned the setting back to spd or whatever the automatic thingy is called. Anywho, any help would be much appreciated.

Motherboard: ABIT KV8 MAX3 CPU: AMD 64 3200+ Memory part #: some type of 3200 series (PRO) On the memory stick itself on a sticker it will say something like XMS (or CMX)512-3200xxPRO vx.x. Please post that information and anything else below that.

Archived