Corsair Community

to high temps with h80 cooler in load?

gremlingswe

hi i just build my new pc, i7 2600k, with a h80 cooler, asus sabertooth mb with cooler master haf x chassi.

the h80 is taking air outside the chassi, and full speed on the fans.

but there is a problem, when i use realtemp and intel burn test to test my small overclock,(4.3) it dosent take many secunds to get temps over 72C..before i abort test.

even with no overclock i get high temps over 70c before i abort the test.. i have tryd to remount the h80, same results, what is wrong?

tnx for all the help

I think i know what the problem is now... one 3 pin connector would not go down 100% i got a new h80 and both 3pin got down 100% , compared to the old h80 where 3pin number 1, got all the way down, but the 3pin number 2 was maybe 50% and it could not connect correct. with the new H80 , i got my temps down with 10C !

Sorry for the bad exlination but i hope you understand

no capacitors problem, cpu fan speed are 2020 according to bios.. and the fans are blowing in air to the chassi..

i also now tryd another cooling pasta, mx2.. still over 70 even in standard speeds of i7 2600k..and thats before i abort the test..probobly would go way above 70.. 2 cores are at there minimum temp 65..

I would double check that both fans are blowing in same direction. Easy to get mistaken. check arrows on fans. Also what is your ambient temp inside case and room temperature?

they are blowing in same direction > > my case right now has one panel removed, so the airflow aint a problem , and my room temp is 20 c, so for me i feel that 68c and so on in load is way to high.

hmm i need to check but i think its the pwr fan and to the psu

For me, I left the 3 pin unplugged and only plugged in the 4 pin molex. If it says your cpu fan is running at 2000 rpm then it's not getting max power. Either disable smart fan or unplug your 3 pin connector.

Seems about right to me at 4.5 ghz.

i can get way over that temp, + i got the side door open but even if i run it in standard clock i get around the same temp like 60 on the cold core, and 68+ on the 2 hot cores.

edit Prime95 for 20 min, 2 cores over 70c the other 2 are 65

For me, I left the 3 pin unplugged and only plugged in the 4 pin molex. If it says your cpu fan is running at 2000 rpm then it's not getting max power. Either disable smart fan or unplug your 3 pin connector.

ok now i have tryd that, ( unplug the 3 pin) after 2 min testing in prime95 the core temps are 62-68-67-64

UPDATE

I think i know what the problem is now... The one 3 pin connector would not go down 100% i got a new h80 and both 3pin got down 100% , compared to the old h80 where 3pin number 1, got all the way down, but the 3pin number 2 was maybe 50% and it could not connect correct. with the new H80 , i got my temps down with 10C !

Archived