Corsair Community

Just bought a 750D, come home, and defective

Dwindleflip

After reading the horror stories about folks receiving defective 750D cases for various reasons, (mostly cosmetic)... I decided to buy one with the hope I wouldnt be so unlucky.

I just got back from Microcenter a half hour ago, open the 750d box and inspect it to look for any scratches, cracks defects etc. It looked pretty good on the outside. A sigh of relief.

Unfortunately as I took off the back panel I quickly saw a problem as my eye went right to it and my heart sunk. Defective! There goes my night.

The Front panel USB 3 cable is damaged. Its rubber insulation is ripped open, exposing the wire metal inside. I didnt even get to undo the twist ties. Thats how my night was ruined.

So back it goes to microcenter, early tomorrow morning for an exchange... because if the next one is also defective, I'll still have time to exchange it again.

I own a few Corsair products and they are good products but this is my first Corsair case. It's also my first problem ever with a corsair product. Its sad that I too was a victim of what appears to be fairly common with the 750D... terrible product quality control. With that said, I like the case quite a bit, and the 760T is very nice as well.

But you ruined my night Corsair. Thanks.

Here is a photo of it.

http://s13.postimg.org/ryohcjs9z/corsair750d_usb3_cable_damaged.jpg

Mate its just a minor hole seems to be caused by hot solder getting touched accidentally...

What is destroyed is just a small portion of rubber and am sure the wire inside would be all good and you yourself can check by looking at it via a flashlight.

I would say if inside wires are okay don't take trouble for an exchange, as the other one might have scratches OR other problems...

Mate its just a minor hole seems to be caused by hot solder getting touched accidentally...

What is destroyed is just a small portion of rubber and am sure the wire inside would be all good and you yourself can check by looking at it via a flashlight.

I would say if inside wires are okay don't take trouble for an exchange, as the other one might have scratches OR other problems...

Are you ****ing kidding or what?!

this should never happen man, certainly not with an company like Corsair!

This should not pass quality control period...

Update. Just exchanged it at microcenter, no hassle no problems of course. (Thankfully I'm fortunate enough to live close to a microcenter).

I've checked out the new 750D i exchanged the damaged one for and all seems ok so far. I've given it a quick look over, cables seem good, and I havent noticed any serious problems with this unit. Hopefully I wont.

Its not a perfect unit though, one of the Hard Drive tray silicon dampers are torn (not completely off) and i noticed the pin sitting crooked in the tray. Minor problem, easily replaced via rma if needed. I seem to have reseated the pin back in the hole and the silicon piece, at first it wouldnt stay but it seems to be holding now. Again very minor.

Hopefully there are no other issues.

As for the previous unit and the defective cable, there is no way i'd risk plugging that in, out of fear of shorting, or even just the cable not working.

Micro center will repackage a item after it has been returned. It is usually easy to tell if it has been repackaged, the tape they use to repackage is usually put on sloppy.

I've seen them do this in the past on occasion so i've been aware of this. In this case though the box was factory sealed new. No repackaging from microcenter. I always check and make sure I do not buy anything from microcenter that looks like it has been resealed.

I also checked the box of the case i exchanged for, no dents on box and the tape wasnt resealed and looked identical to the packaging on the first case.

To be fair to microcenter though, I dont often see them selling repackaged items as new anymore. In the past i've seen boxes that looked like they were opened and avoided them but they're pretty good about being clear which items are "open box" returns and refurb items.

A funny story, not related...but when i bought the Playstation 3 60GB "NEW" from Gamestop many years ago, the lady who managed the store brought out a box that looked like it had been opened. I asked if it had been opened, she swore it was new. BTW this woman was the new store manager. So I knew something was up because the box looked open and tampered with. I bought it anyway. Went to my car, opened the box and looked at the content. The cables were not in sealed bags, that was the first clue i was right. So I pulled out the PS3 and theres dust and finger prints all over it. I put it back in the box, go into the store and explain to her there is no way it is new. She actually stood her ground for a bit and insisted it was. She even checked the serial number on the box and console, and swore it was new. I said there is no way sony would ship a PS3 from the factory covered with dust and finger prints and cables in unsealed bags. She started to believe me but finally one of the kids in the store working for her said "He's right it looks used". And she was kind of rude at that point and went and got me an actual new PS3 box :) I didnt even have to open it to check. I could tell it was a new box and never opened. On the way home i stopped by my friends house near that gamestop and told him what had happened and he said "Figures, everyone hates that mean lady". :) Previously the store was managed by a very nice guy that liked videogames and everyone liked him.

I've seen them do this in the past on occasion so i've been aware of this. In this case though the box was factory sealed new. No repackaging from microcenter. I always check and make sure I do not buy anything from microcenter that looks like it has been resealed.

I also checked the box of the case i exchanged for, no dents on box and the tape wasnt resealed and looked identical to the packaging on the first case.

To be fair to microcenter though, I dont often see them selling repackaged items as new anymore. In the past i've seen boxes that looked like they were opened and avoided them but they're pretty good about being clear which items are "open box" returns and refurb items.

A funny story, not related...but when i bought the Playstation 3 60GB "NEW" from Gamestop many years ago, the lady who managed the store brought out a box that looked like it had been opened. I asked if it had been opened, she swore it was new. BTW this woman was the new store manager. So I knew something was up because the box looked open and tampered with. I bought it anyway. Went to my car, opened the box and looked at the content. The cables were not in sealed bags, that was the first clue i was right. So I pulled out the PS3 and theres dust and finger prints all over it. I put it back in the box, go into the store and explain to her there is no way it is new. She actually stood her ground for a bit and insisted it was. She even checked the serial number on the box and console, and swore it was new. I said there is no way sony would ship a PS3 from the factory covered with dust and finger prints and cables in unsealed bags. She started to believe me but finally one of the kids in the store working for her said "He's right it looks used". And she was kind of rude at that point and went and got me an actual new PS3 box :) I didnt even have to open it to check. I could tell it was a new box and never opened. On the way home i stopped by my friends house near that gamestop and told him what had happened and he said "Figures, everyone hates that mean lady". :) Previously the store was managed by a very nice guy that liked videogames and everyone liked him.

I've had Gamestop employees flat-out refuse to give me product I pre-ordered from them claiming "it isn't out yet". So I bought it at Best Buy next door showed it to them and got my pre-order money refunded.

So to update, Last night I finished the build. I'm very happy with the case and its design. Cables are managed very well. The hard drive release flaps can touch the case window though, and it has already scratched the window at that point of contact. Not that big of a deal. I guess i could bend the flaps a little to avoid it.

I plan to buy another 750d for my older computer because i cant fit it's h100 in its case right now.

As i look at my computer i noticed, I have corsair ram, corsair cooler, corsair case, and corsair power supply... (actually all my pcs have corsair PSUs) I didnt consciously set out to buy all corsair products but it just happened to work out that way as I selected parts I found worth owning. So good job Corsair. Keep it up. I'm actually hoping to add another 32GB of ram in the near future when i can afford to. For now The machine looks great. I need some lighting inside I guess. Might be fun.

Great case. Far better than the antecs i've had in the past.

Archived