Corsair Community

Corsair H60 2018 Pump Rattling/Loud sounds

Akernhof

Hello! I recently purchased my first AIO cooler (the Corsair H60) and i'm having an issue with obnoxious sounds/rattling coming from the pump. I ensured that the pump is what's causing these sounds by unplugging both the radiator fan and the other exhaust fan I have on my case. One odd thing that fixes this noise is completely tilting my case 90 degrees to lay on the back panel, but obviously that is very inconvenient. I submitted a RMA in the mean time, but if anyone knows of a solution that would be great!

That's a bit on the extreme side, but it sounds like a massive air pocket in the block messing with the pump's intake of fluid. If the noise goes away when you tilt the case backwards, that would be further evidence. A genuine mechanical issue won't change sound based on angle.

Unfortunately, getting it out can be a nuisance. You want to tilt the case around until the tube in/out are higher than the block and the bubble(s) will release out. However, since you can't see inside the block, it's a blind game of marble madness trying to urge it to go out. It is very fiddly. However, it should release fairly quickly when the angle is right, so if you get the right position, whoosh.. it's done. No "turn the case upside down and run for 24 hours" or whatever other weird advice is out there.

If you have a large case or simply based on preference, it may be easier to remove the cooler from the PC to do this. You can power it from the SATA with the PSU 24 pin jumped in place. Or unmounting the radiator may give you enough to work with while leaving the CPU block in place. Aside from that, it is definitely a trial and error process.

Thanks for helping! I really do think I just received a broken pump, it just wont go away the moment I put everything back in place. I removed the top radiator and powered the cooler, tried moving it around and it only fixed the problem temporarily.