Corsair Community

CUE profiles can't link with Microsoft store games

So i have been unable to get this working and i have spent a long time trying to solve it, i have certain games that are from the Microsoft store (Halo 5 Forge, Halo Wars 2, Sea of Thieves for example) the problem is that these download as windows apps which (thanks Microsoft) are heavily locked down, this means that i am unable to select the .exe to link the profile as i don't have permissions to open the files. (I have already tried the take ownership and giving full control methods with both the entire folders and the .exes directly none of which have helped)

I was wondering if anyone here has managed to work around this at all as i really like being able to link my profiles so when i focus a game it switches to the profile as i also have an issue where the OSD just stops existing after a few days from install so i never know what profile i am on.

• Corsair Employee

Hello RoosterIllusion,

What permissions are you referring to? You should just need to copy and paste the file location of the exe so that when the program/game is the active window that profile is active.

If you're not sure how to get to the file location, the easiest way I've found it running the program/game, going to the task manager and clicking "open file location"

This should bring you to the folder, you can right click the exe and copy the file location and paste that into the CUE profile. If you can't easily select it, right click it and "select all" to get the whole link.

Archived