Corsair Community

Corsair 800D question

timelord

Looking to buy a Corsair 800D case (I live in Australia), but what I would like to know is with the case now, how can I tell from the box if I am getting the one with the USB 3 kit and Sata 3 already installed (as some places I see these upgrade kits are sold separately). IS there any identification markings on the packaging that will tell me I am getting the current version of the 800D. Thanks

This is what my concern is, as depending where I go, they may have the older version in stock. Does it specifify on the packaging they are marketed a shaving usb 3 and Sata 3, at least that way I will know what I am getting

I am a systems builder for a very large company, I use Corsair Cases for all my builds, I use the 800D and the 650D only. I have not bought a case with the old front panel in more than 6 months but I am in the USA. Even the USB3 wire do not have to be routed to the back I/O panel anymore. They go directly to the motherboard. These cases are the best you can buy, for any amount of money. The ease of cable management makes the case worth every dime. We make and develop video games for the extreme gaming community. Corsair make this a pleasure , we use their Ram,cases,ssds, and enclosed cooling loops. In extreme cases with the new LGA 2011 CPUs we have to use 360mm rads and the 800D is made for them. This company is the best of the best. Believe me, I know.

Looking to buy a Corsair 800D case (I live in Australia), but what I would like to know is with the case now, how can I tell from the box if I am getting the one with the USB 3 kit and Sata 3 already installed (as some places I see these upgrade kits are sold separately). IS there any identification markings on the packaging that will tell me I am getting the current version of the 800D. Thanks

I bought an 800D from a local supplier (PC Case Gear) just before the new year and it had USB 3 and Sata 3.

The box doesn't seem to say anything about the newer stuff. It's got the old "4 x usb 2.0" for the front panel details.

Even the USB3 wire do not have to be routed to the back I/O panel anymore. They go directly to the motherboard. .

Are you saying theres another version of the front i/o panel that plugs direct to the board or you just using an adaptor on the 2 usb a connectors ? , if so thats been kept very quiet :eek: .

Archived