Corsair Community

Confused on which VOID headset to get

awmnawm

Hi,

so I dont know much about audio stuff, I have a highish end PC with all the standard audio jacks ( i guess you would call them?). I didn't do much research when I bought my current audio set up (sennheisers 550 + samsung meteor mic) and it has a bunch of annoying problems such as mic picking up keyboard/mouse clicks, no true 7.1, sweaty leather, whatever the point is:

I'm planning to buy the VOID headset thru amazon (for prime/black friday deals if any) and the corsair site made it clear which one I wanted, however amazon has like 5 versions of the VOID? (https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Surround-Hybrid-Headset-Adapter/dp/B013GMX9HE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1479994258&sr=8-4&keywords=corsair%2BVOID&th=1) why is the "stereo 7.1 adapter red" $10 more than the wireless version with no adapter? Do I need the adapter? Is stereo better? I heard that USB mics/headphones were not as good as stereo ones. I thought wireless is more expensive tho? Im not playing on anything but my PC.

I just want the best 7.1 audio quality and mic quality. Price difference is not a big concern. I don't care if it does or doesnt have wires either. If anyone could tell me which one is the superior version I would be very thankful. I tried googling on the difference of stereo vs USB and just got more confused.

happy thanksgiving.

Archived