Corsair Community

How many extensions can the LS100 hold?

I recently made the jump to Corsair and bought the K100 keyboard, MM800 mousepad, and the wireless dark SE mouse. So far so good except for the K100 keyboard not being compatible with Mojave version of Mac. But that is for another post, my question is on the LS100 starter kit.

My room is very dark so I decided to add the LS100 starter kit, 3 expansion kits of the 250mm and 2 expansion kits of the 450mm. The idea was to surround my monitor and then surround my desk. I should have dived into this more as I see the ambient is only supported for 1 monitor. Ok cool no problem, I will just have ambient on for the monitor and the desk can go on channel 2 for some extra RGB effects.

That leaves me with 4 long strips (450mm) and 6 short strips (250mm) that I am planning on surrounding the underside of my desk. Is this even possible? Can I have the monitor on channel 1 and have the remaining strips on channel 2? And if not, is there anything that I can do to make this work?

• 1 month later...
I plan to use two LS100 140cm expansion strips under my table. Can I buy the controller individually? Each 140cm strip has 84 LEDs, making 168 in total. can someone please confirm that I can use 2 x 84 LEDs on a controller?