Corsair Community

ICUE doesn't detect my H100i Platinum, and lighting effects do nothing.

Kpop

Hi all! New here. Just put together all of my parts after they all finally came in. Everything works, however I'm trying to change the colors on my QL fans, and nothing I do in ICUE works. ICUE also refuses to detect my H100I platinum that I just bought as well. I currently have 4 QL 140 fans plugged into a commander pro, with the RGB wires going into the lighting node core. The usb from the LNC is going into the commander pro. The usb from the H100I is also going into the commander pro, with 2 QL 120 fans connected to the H100I. And the commander pro is plugged into a usb 2.0 header on my mobo. I've been trying to troubleshoot myself for a couple days now, including unplugging and replugging everything back in in different orientations, uninstalling and reinstalling ICUE, anything that I've seen on this forum for solutions I've tried, except for buying an NZXT internal USB hub. I'm hoping someone can help me. I'd hate to have spent all this money for the ability to customize my colors only to not be able to do it. :(

Is the Lighting Node Core detected in iCUE? While you are controlling fan speed through the Commander, the lighting effects will be controlled from the Core device. It will show up separately on the top bar.

Unfortunately, the x570 platforms seem to be problematic for detecting Corsair gear on the USB 2 path. There are some longer threads from when it first launched, but most users are finding a solution in using a USB 2 hub as an intermediary between the Corsair and X570 chipset. The NZXT hub is often mentioned, although surely others work as well. I would start with that.

In the meantime, the cooler will do it's main job with or without your input and the firmware will regulate the fans and manage temps. However, the lighting will have to wait if the software can't see the devices.

Well that is unfortunate. No, the lighting node core isn't detected, just the commander pro. I'll go ahead and put in an order for one of the hubs. I have seen that some people have tried to use the hub and even that doesn't work. It's just frustrating that I bought the Commander pro mainly because it gave me more usb 2.0 ports, and it doesn't even seem to do the job it's intended to do on a higher end mobo. The fact that we have to buy from a competitor to help make this product functional at all is highly depressing. I went corsair because I figured the products and software would at least be reliable. Don't get me wrong, the products seem very high quality. This software issue is very disappointing though. Edited by Kpop

It is unfortunate. However, whatever the underlying cause is it seems limited to x570 and some x470 that took BIOS updates to make them 3000 series compatible. That is suggestive of where the problem lies.

In the meantime, you might try connecting Core or Platinum directly to the motherboard (even temporarily) and see if you get a different result. Probably not, but if you do that will allow you to set the Hardware Lighting option for the fans and pump ring that is in place when iCUE is not running or cannot detect the hardware. That would at least let you pick a color for now.

yea the core is detected if I plug directly to mobo, but the cooler isn't. The issue is, I only have 2 usb 2.0 headers on my mobo, one is being used for front io. So I don't have enough to put both in. I'll just have to suck it up until the usb hub comes in, and hopefully it works. :cry: