Corsair Community

Recent Build... is it the wrong way?

Lothaes

Hi guys, first and foremost I'm new at installed AIO's and have only built 4 setups in my life.

This was a bit of a challenge for me and I wanted to ask a few questions.

(SEE PICTURE ATTATCHED)

So first and foremost did I install my Radiator the right way?

When I've looked into other peoples setups, the pipes seem to always go the opposite way to mine..

Secondly my AIO Fans logo are facing the CPU (Exhaust?)

Is this correct.

Thirdly my temps, Idle Im getting around 40-45 degrees and in games I get around 60 degrees, are they normal?

488974988_Corsairbuild.thumb.jpg.a88010c1a440ebbd2d3ddbcdceb36d15.jpg

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having the hoses toward the back and when I ran a 740/680 case, that is how mine went too. I found it the easier way. Most "standard" shape cases are long and thin creating a lot of room in the front. The 680/740 frame is not so long and wider. You just don't have the same room up front as a case design originally meant for a rack of HDDs.

Intake vs exhaust - While you may technically get cooler from using it as intake, you won't get much gain out of that for the 680/740. Putting a 280mm on the front is both problematic in terms of GPU length and the included 3x120 RGB set up on the 680x. Over years of testing the 740 in a multitude of configurations, I found the front/bottom intake to be strong enough to effective push the GPU heat out the back vents and the top radiator never really gets the GPU waste heat effect you see in some other cases. Additionally, the very short distance from front intake into the first half of the top radiator essentially makes it like intake. You are not picking up heat in from top front to top front out. You always can reverse them and see for yourself, but I found it to be a meaningless difference even in SLI and much preferred the top ML fans as exhaust for aesthetic reasons.

What you are reporting is consistent with other Ryzen 3 owners, although your high temp mark seems considerably better. The 3000 series processors have trouble relaxing at idle and keep a higher Vcore level, thus the slightly higher than expected idle temps.

That's put my mind at rest, thanks for the quick replies, decided to flip the AIO around anyway, it looks better in my opinion and there better access to the Mobo 8 pin connector.

Ordered some grizzly, coming today, might swap it out at some point see If I can gain a few degree. Currently sat at 37 Degrees. RAM running XMP profile. doing basic tasks, all seems good.