Corsair Community

Corsair Link for H100i

OdinValknir

I am currently working on this issue.. so I may update as I go along... but here is the idea...

Shortly after upgrading my CPU from an AMD FX-4100 Zambezi quad core to an FX-6300 Vishera 6core I bought the H100I to upgrade from the H60.. after installing it and playing around a bit.. I found that the H100i comes set up to use Corsair Link.. now I know there are other programs out there that read temps and control fans etc.. but as the 4 fans I am using are plugged INTO the cooling block itself.. the programs I have do not monitor those particular fans since they are not plugged into my MOBO... So.. I went and downloaded the corsair link software from the corsair site.. I got version 2.4.5110 and when I try to install it.. it gets about 1/4 through installation and then the whole computer crashes with a BSOD.. stop code is 0x00000135.. I called Corsair's tech support and the tech said he had never heard of Link having issues with windows 7.. they know about issues with 8 and 8.1 but never 7.. and that he has 2 machines at home and at work both with windows 7 home premium 64bit and has link on both machines and no issues...

I guess my next step is to try an older version of link and see if that works.. but at the moment I am at a loss.. I am however updating my mobo chipset drivers and such to see if that makes any difference..

Here are my PC specs:

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-990fxa-ud3

CPU: AMD FX series 6300 vishera 6-core

RAM: Patriot 2x 4GB

GPU: MSI Twin Frozr 760

PSU: Cooler Master 600W

HDD: 1x WD Green 500GB, 1x WD Green 3TB

what software are you using that is monitoring your fans? they may be conflicting with link's driver. EDIT: sorry i mean what programs do you have for monitoring in general. not just fans.

I have a couple programs.. CPUZ, Easytune6, HWinfo64, speedfan, CPU ID HWM, Core Temp,

I did however get Link to install.. I had to go into safemode to do it.. but I got it to install.. but when I open it.. there is NOTHING there.. just a picture of the inside of a case.. which is also the only thing I can change.. which case is pictured.. but it doesnt show a cooler.. doesnt show any fans.. doesnt show any info of any kind.. so I uninstalled it.. in hopes that I can find some info somewhere about it.. and get it figured out.. I would very much like a program that monitors and controls the cooler and fans

Ive uninstalled Speedfan.. but have yet to reinstall link.. i cant get it to install normally.. only through safe mode can I get link to install without giving me a BSOD... and I think possibly that is part of the problem?.. I am running windows 7 64bit and according to corsair tech I shouldnt have any issues.. but lo and behold.. noting but... I've seen some people say that Link is nothing but a gimmick and that there are better programs out there.. but with those 4 fans being plugged into the side of the H100i pump.. the other programs only monitor fans that are plugged into the motherboard.. not into the corsair pump itself

I am trying that right now.. I had .net 4.0.3 and am getting 4.5 so I guess I was a bit behind.. the only other bios update for this motherboard is a beta version and I am weary about installing it.. but I guess I can load that version and the current version on a USB.. my board is a dual bios and has an even older version bios ingrained on it permanently and cannot be changed.. as far as I know anyway.. but i can flash it and have it run on a newer one obviously but i will see what happens after I install the latest .net version and see what happens.. like I said.. Link is currently installed but i had to install it through safemode.. So should I uninstall it and attempt to re install it normally? or just see what happens with the current installation?

ok.. installed latest version of .netframework and rebooted.. no change.. when I open Link, nothing shows up.. just the background picture of one of the carbide cases.. I am still unsure of flashing the BIOS to a beta version.. and I am still not sure if it will work..

any other suggestions?

but the Link software doesnt see ANYTHING.. not a single piece of hardware is detected.. and like I say.. I dont so much need/want it for monitoring temps.. I have other things for that, that do a good job.. but I would like play with the settings that Link offers.. and to be able to control the fans.. since the 4 fans on my rad are plugged into the pump directly and not into the mobo.. programs like speedfan and such dont even pick those up

I'm not quite sure what you mean by references... when I open link the program appears but all I can see is the background image of a corsair case.. nothing shows up anywhere.. no readouts, no pump, no fans nada.. I cant get the idea that because I had to install it through safe mode, and that is part of the problem.. the equipment works fine.. my CPU runs at like 10-17C while idle and about 30ish while under load.. all the fans are running fine and even speed up when the CPU heats up.. and run at a constant speed while idle.. I would just really like to get this software to work correctly.. so I can monitor the equipment WITH THE FRIGGIN SOFTWARE... could it be that the USB headers on my mobo arent working properly? or not installed? I find that hard to believe.. but who knows.. I did recently go and get the latest chipset stuff from gigabyte.. but the only USB updates were for the 3.0 slots in the back.. I suppose I could look and see if they make an adapter to go from the USB pins to the regular 2.0 slot?

Nope, when I open Link.. and look at process under task manager.. there is only one CorsairLINK.exe

arrrggg this is aggravating.. I genuinely like Corsair products.. the coolers and RAM and PSUs every corsair piece I have or have ever owned has been top notch.. but this damn program and its issues are infuriating..

In Task Manager, under Apps you should see Corsair Link. Under Background Processes you should see CorsairLINK Hardware Monitor.

FYI, if the CorsairLINK Hardware Monitor process is running, and Corsair Link is not running, you cannot (at least I cannot) open Corsair Link. You have to end the CorsairLINK Hardware Monitor process. Then open Corsair Link, which will also open the CorsairLINK Hardware Monitor process when it initializes.

RodeoGeorge

Archived