Corsair Community

CX430 dell studio 540

cmp123

I believe that system doesn't have a 24 pin connector. I believe it's only a 20 pin connector. In which the 24 pin connector on the PSU will have a break away part consisting of 4 pins. You would just not use those four pins and plug the remaing 20 pin section to the MB..

You will also have a 4 pin connector for CPU power. That will be the 4x2 connector on the PSU marked CPU. Again break away 4 pins and use the side marked CPU.

The other cables should be easy. Just remove one at a time and replace with the same connector from the PSU.

Here's a tutorial that may help also.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=52782

You might also try searching the DELL forums for more detailed instructions that would be model specific.

I believe that system doesn't have a 24 pin connector. I believe it's only a 20 pin connector. In which the 24 pin connector on the PSU will have a break away part consisting of 4 pins. You would just not use those four pins and plug the remaing 20 pin section to the MB..

You will also have a 4 pin connector for CPU power. That will be the 4x2 connector on the PSU marked CPU. Again break away 4 pins and use the side marked CPU.

The other cables should be easy. Just remove one at a time and replace with the same connector from the PSU.

Here's a tutorial that may help also.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=52782

You might also try searching the DELL forums for more detailed instructions that would be model specific.

So your say the CX430 builder serious psu will work?

i thought i get 3 year support for buy one?

So your say the CX430 builder serious psu will work?

It should work. I stress the word should because Dell sometimes used proprietary power supplies. Your model was made around the time that they were still using a lot of their PSU's. In which case you would need to by one from DELL if it does not work.

i thought i get 3 year support for buy one?

That is three years warranty . Corsair specializes in enthusiest grade components and most of their products are sold with the Is there something specific that you had questions on?

This may help also. It's a slightly different model of Dell, but the process would be the same.

[ame]

[/ame]

ugh, i'm not sure why it's posting the video. It should just be a link. But oh well.

Anyone know why it won't boot up?

cmp i stated in my first post that Dell used proprietary PSU's in some systems. Meaning that you may have to get the power supply directly from Dell. This would explain why it's not working. Or you have cables not connected correctly,

I was told Consair was the best psu to use and try to get hold of someone to help me out but maybe i never buy a Consair psu if support is like this.

Also corsair products are sold on the basis that the end user has some sort of basic background computer knowledge.

I have linked you several tutorials on how to instal a power supply. If you can't figure it out, it may best to take it to a computer shop or visit Dells forums for a model specific instructions.

And please try to be patient. These forums are not a live chat. So it may take time before you get responses here. In fact it could take up to 24hrs or so. But someone will get to you.

cmp i stated in my first post that Dell used proprietary PSU's in some systems. Meaning that you may have to get the power supply directly from Dell. This would explain why it's not working. Or you have cables not connected correctly,

Also corsair products are sold on the basis that the end user has some sort of basic background computer knowledge.

I have linked you several tutorials on how to instal a power supply. If you can't figure it out, it may best to take it to a computer shop or visit Dells forums for a model specific instructions.

And please try to be patient. These forums are not a live chat. So it may take time before you get responses here. In fact it could take up to 24hrs or so. But someone will get to you.

This the psu i am useing

Corsair Builder Series CX 430 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS (CX430)

This the psu i am useing

Corsair Builder Series CX 430 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS (CX430)

Yes, i know , but that doesn't tell me that it will work with your system. You need to find out from DELL what ATX spec that system uses. That would be the information you need.

You can test the new powersupply following the "Brief PSU functionality test" found here

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=63991

If the PSU will run outside the case but not connected to the MB. you have one of two situations that are possible. The first being that the PSU is incompatible with your DELL, OR when your old PSU failed it burnt the MB with it. That would be the only other possible reason why it wont boot.

Archived