Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance 1500 volume WAY too loud

nmarks

• 2 weeks later...

I recently got these headphones as a gift, and the volume is still way too loud

Not only that, but even at 0% music is still fairly audible

I've tried everything in this thread, older drivers had no effect, and the EqualizerAPO software only works for stereo sound, not for 7.1 (which I'd rather use)

The only other sound software I'm using is a creative soundcard, but that doesn't seem to have any effect either

Is there still no solid solution to this? Or are mild equalisation hacks the only way forward?

• 4 months later...

Wow. I have never experienced anything like this, with any USB audio device I've ever owned.

I just purchased two of these headsets for my office, and both have this issue. Anything above 1% system volume and they are so loud as to be painful. This happens on both Mac and Windows, with several different OS versions.

Having had generally good experiences with Corsair products in the past, I bought these without doing any research. Shame on me!

Has it really been two years of this problem occurring with no fixes or updates?

Has it really been two years of this problem occurring with no fixes or updates?

Sadly, yes it has been. Issues with headphone volume being too loud, and microphone pickup being too quiet have been around for at least 2 and a half years. With no meaningful response from Corsair that I'm aware of.

I have a H1500 headset. I've been using it on 0% volume. Yes I can actually hear things on 0% volume and its actually pretty loud even at that setting.

I actually don't care too much about things being poorly made but when it has anything to do with vision, hearing or other vulnerable areas I think its pretty important that things be made properly.

Thanks for the hearing damage corsair, appreciate it.

p.s. Yeah downloading that equalizer is a fix. Though its pretty janky work around. Would be nice to have a product that wasnt a **** in the first place.

Archived