Corsair Community

H80i Questions

AnonymousOp

Heya folks,

Last night I installed my H80i and the temps seem quite high. Not sure if I should be concerned or not. This is the first time I have installed such an item and I done it all by the book. Pics below to help out.

Many thanks!

http://imageshack.us/a/img94/4004/cpunw.png

Hi mate thanks for the speedy response. When I'm playing BlackOps2 the load is around %30 and the temp is around 50-55C.

theres lots of programs out there that can stress your system to get an idea of its capabilities but if you just want it to run what you use,just run your most demanding program for a base line temp

Here's a shot of my dashboard. Notice all temps are in Farhrenheit not Centigrade. This is an Asus Maximus V Extreme mobo with an Intel I-7 3770k cpu.

http://emblemagic.com/apicturehost/collections/corsair%20dashboard.jpg

A couple things:

Ambient temps are important. This shot was taken with ambient temps in the 60s (F) INSIDE THE CASE.

I would be a little concerned that the CPU on your dashboard is registering significantly higher than the H80i itself. They should be closer in temp (I believe) In my shot above they are only a degree different. Therefore I would suspect that your pump/water block may not be mated to your CPU as well as it should be. IOW, it is consistently like this. (just a thought)

I would be a little concerned that the CPU on your dashboard is registering significantly higher than the H80i itself

So:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/Ripshod/group.jpg

Should you be worried? lol

I posted elsewhere about this but I'll repeat it here.

I'm not sure about the actual models, but on some processors Intel have used a poor TIM between the die and the IHS. I think this is what's tripping us up with these temperatures (2500K springs to mind, same family)

As long as you're happy with the processor temp there's really nowt to worry about.

What I see is that your AMD is at a 100% load with a 32c CPU temp and the H80i temp is just 1.5c different. That looks EXCELLENT from here! :D: But the OP's differential would have me concerned. Assuming that it always runs that way, and wasn't just a sudden CPU temp spike that the H80i hadn't dissipated yet. I haven't heard of any widespread problem with the Intel Sandy Bridge TIM before, that's news to me! :eek:

That was after 4hrs folding. IBT maxes at 45 :D Google '3770k tim', v interesting. Ivekinda got used to this by now. before I read up I used to shout 'reseat it', but I've come to realise as long as the CPU temp is within a reasonable limit it's okay. AMD on the other hand - well you seen it.

It is an intel problem, TDPs are going down yet temps stay the same or get worse.

theres lots of programs out there that can stress your system to get an idea of its capabilities but if you just want it to run what you use,just run your most demanding program for a base line temp

Yeah I mainly use my pc for blackops 2 atm mate and when thats running its sitting about 60C.

What I would do is check the system with Intel Burn Test. Do it on stock speeds and your OC speed. In the meantime, I would NOT use Corsair dashboard to check temps. I like Hwinfo. That way you can see each core and case temp while running. Make sure you don't get too close to your Intel maximum tcase temp (which is something like 72c, individual cores can go higher). The Corsair dashboard is giving you an AVERAGE of all the temps, which isn't helpful enough during the test.

To be on the safe side, disable the service sierra2 while running test. Personally I would disable the process sierra2.gpu.exe as well. You have to do that in the scheduler and reboot. Then you won't have 2 different monitoring programs active at the same time.

Your H80i should keep you plenty cool on stock speeds, but even with OC you should be well within the safe zone.

Just for your own peace of mind. ;):

Here's the 64 bit version download of Hwinfo

I would recommend changing times to run on IBT to 5 for now (instead of 10)

Was your CPU overclocked when you ran the test?

Were you watching the Corsair dashboard for temps?

Try again with instructions in my previous post which I edited. Your processor's individual cores can go higher than 72. See Here

Archived