Corsair Community

H60 connections

dudley9

My Corsair H60 cpu cooler's fan is connected to the cpu_fan header and the cooler's pump is connected to the opt_cpu header on my ASUS P8Z77-V motherboard.

Fan Expert 2 reads the cpu_fan around 1100 rpm and the cpu_opt (pump) around 4450 rpm.

They change a little from time to time but not much. Temps seem excellent - cpu and motherboard always under 100 F.

Questions:

1) should the pump be connected to the opt_cpu header?

2) is the opt_cpu header a constant speed header (as Corsair recommends for the pump)?

3) why no selection / control for the opt_cpu header in Fan Expert?

4) is the 4400+ rpm reading for the pump reasonable?

My Corsair H60 cpu cooler's fan is connected to the cpu_fan header and the cooler's pump is connected to the opt_cpu header on my ASUS P8Z77-V motherboard.

Fan Expert 2 reads the cpu_fan around 1100 rpm and the cpu_opt (pump) around 4450 rpm.

They change a little from time to time but not much. Temps seem excellent - cpu and motherboard always under 100 F.

Questions:

1) should the pump be connected to the opt_cpu header?

2) is the opt_cpu header a constant speed header (as Corsair recommends for the pump)?

3) why no readout for the opt_cpu header in Fan Expert?

4) is the 4400+ rpm reading for the pump reasonable?

how are you reading pump speed if fan expert wont read the opt_cpu header?

4400 is twice the pump speed but some monitoring programs read twice its actual rpm.

clarification regarding opt_cpu fan speed readout in Fan Expert 2: in the main window of Fan Expert, the opt_cpu fan is not an option you can select (the only ones selectable / controllable are cpu fan and the 3 case fans). in the side window, it does display the opt_cpu fan speed but there it is only a readout.

Archived