Corsair Community

long black screen at windows 7 start with ssd

paulus

Hello,

I have just installed a Force3 series ssd with 180GB in my pc as system drive. So far everything works fine, but right after the windows logo at startup I get a black screen with the mouse arrow for about 40 seconds. I already tried a lot but I could not find the problem. From time to time the startup is very quick, but most of the time I get this black screen for a long periode. So I d not thijnk that this is related to a broken hardware.

Hope someone could help me?!?

Thanks

I guess it could be due to a non-present mapped network drive? Have you tried disconnecting other hardware (like DVD-drives, non-OS HDD/SSDs)? Resetting CMOS? Have you set the boot order in the BIOS setup to mark your Force3 as the first choice?

You can also do a boot-trace with some of MS's own programs. I don't recall the process, but you can google it. It can tell you exactly what drivers/programs are starting, when they're starting and how long they take.

Lemme know if any of these work for ya! Good luck!

hello, many thanks for your ideas. I have tested all these points and I know now that the problem is the fritz box router. as soon as I disconect the cat5 cable of the router, windows starts very fast. but I still did not find out why the router causes this long time at windows start up. I deleted already all mapped network drives but the problem is still the same. I also tried to disable the Upnp feature in the router with no sucess. Maybe someone have more ideas?! the firmware of the router is already the newest.

thanks

Archived