Corsair Community

H60 never turns on

phil_style

Hi alll,

I have an H60 V2 (liquid) cooling my i72600k processor. This processor is NOT overclocked.

I get idle temps of around 60 degrees C on all my cores and over 90 degrees when under load. However, the H60 cooler fan/ pump never turns on.

All the cables appear to be connected to the right places (power, motherboard). This was a shop build, so it should be plugged in right?

Can anyone advise if there is a settings/control some place where I can check if the fan has been disabled? I'm using a programme called CPUID which tells me that the "FANPWM" (which I presume to be the H60) is never on. I get 0% all the time, and ) RPM, even when the CPU fails due to overheat.

Any tips?

Well it sounds like you need to open your case and check to make sure the pump and the fan are plugged in properly. The fan should go to the cpu 4 pin header and the pump to any 3 pin header. Go into the bios and make sure the fan control for the 3 pin for the pump is set to manual and 100%. The 4 pin cpu fan should be set as PWM and you can adjust the percentages to control what the fan spins at depending on temp.

If the pump and the fan both show 0 rpms then something is wrong with either your mobo header, the fan control in the bios, or both the H60 pump and fan. The odds of both the H60 fan and pump both being bad is highly unlikely.

The pump should run @4200 rpms all the time. The Fan should run between 1000 and 1800 rpms.

Hmm, just noticed that the fan is NOT going to the 4-pin header identified on the mobo as "CPU fan", yet the unit that is attached to the CPU (I presume this is the pump) does go to that pin, even though it is only a 3-pin cable.. is this the problem?

and more importantly, will anything short if I try switching these cables over?

thanks, I've now got them plugged into the right headers.. and .. THE FAN IS ON!

Thanks for the help. Just one last thing. it there a physical way to tell if the pump is on? I can feel the radiator is cold, but my cores still seem to be hoverring around 70-75 degrees. (better than 90 though)!

Any tips on which setting in the bios controls the pump? I see only a CPU fan option there...

ok, cores are now steadily dropping.. i'm at around 60 degrees now across the board.

I've got one device showing as a fan spinning at 27 to 29 RPM. Shall I assume this is the pump?

The pump should be spinning at @4200 rpms. The fan should be spinning between @1000-1850 rpms.

What is the fan spinning at? You should be able to see what they are both running at in the bios. It should say something like hardware monitor that will show fan rpms and voltages.

What is the fan spinning at? You should be able to see what they are both running at in the bios. It should say something like hardware monitor that will show fan rpms and voltages.

in my bios under "pc health check"

I have the following:

CPU fan speed: 1800 RPM

System Fan1 Speed: 0 RPM

Power fan speed: 1050 RPM

Sytem fan2 Speed: 0 RPM

On my mobo, the pump is plugged into "system fan 1" header. So it seems this is the next issue I need to address.... getting the pump working...

Ok. So either the pump is bad or the header the pump is plugged into is bad. Try a different header to see if the pump comes on. While in the bios disconnect the cpu fan and plug the pump into that header. You should see in the bios that the rpms drop to zero when you unplug the fan. Then it should jump up to 4200 rpms when you plug the pump in. You should also be able to hear and feel the pump running if you put your hand on it.

ok, looks like it's working now. the 3 pin plug wasn't lined up properly to the header. i had to tip the case on it's side and just about pull the whole thing apart to get better acces, but it seems to be good now. i wacthed the RPM jump up to 4250 as soon as the plug wnet in.

Thanks for the help!

Archived