Corsair Community

Updating Firmware with Windows 7 Live CD

billydv

I have kept a spare hard drive with windows 7 installed for each of my boxes so that I could update firmware on my corsair and ocz ssds but I found this link which allows you to build a basic windows 7 bootable cd. It takes a few minutes loading files to get to a desktop but the firmware utility appears to work and drivers are installed for the disks (drivers don't get installed for marvell chipsets, network cards, tv tuners and the like). Appears that this may be a simple way of flashing firmware on an ssd.

Here is a link to the site.

http://reboot.pro/files/file/4-winbuilder/

You must login to download (I logged in with facebook). After running the application you choose the win 7 project and click download that will download a bunch of stuff on you computer. Then follow the directions, you will need you windows 7 installation dvd. Choose and create a build folder at C:\Win7PE_SE in the source tab. Also locate your windows dvd on the same page and press the blue play button. About 20 minutes later I had a working cd image that I burned to a cd and was able to boot both of my core I7 boxes with.

Anyone have any opinions on this?

Archived