Corsair Community

h100 "extra fans start then stop"

rjbaran17

I have a push pull method setup with 2 Extra Cooler Master fans attached to the radiator .. all fans are connected to the h100 corsair fan controller ..

i have an issue (which ive read on this forum already, but to no resolve) where the 2 cooler master fans will start and then stop constantly .. its really annoying .. do i have a bad unit? should i RMA or return to the store?

anyone else having this issue that possibly resolved it?

I have a push pull method setup with 2 Extra Cooler Master fans attached to the radiator .. all fans are connected to the h100 corsair fan controller ..

i have an issue (which ive read on this forum already, but to no resolve) where the 2 cooler master fans will start and then stop constantly .. its really annoying .. do i have a bad unit? should i RMA or return to the store?

anyone else having this issue that possibly resolved it?

If the Corsair fans are working fine in your PC, then yes, the CM fans (Sickle Flow, or fans from a CM case, or what?) are just not compatible. Yes, we have seen this behavior in the past with some fans. The H100's fan controller software is tuned for use with the Corsair fans, which have a higher speed (RPM) capability than most 120mm fans. Which means they have a low starting voltage, a spec you rarely see given for fans. Lower speed fans will only operate at a lower speed (usually for use as quiet case fans) by being less sensitive to voltage, and so have a high starting voltage.

Returning your H100 will make no difference with your CM fans, they are just not compatible. That is really not an issue that needs to be resolved, since fans can be very different depending upon what they are made for. Very quiet case fans may only run at 1000 - 1200 RPM, so they are quiet. The Corsair fans run at over twice that speed, 2600 RPM. Fans may seem to be simple devices, but when combining different ones on one fan controller, issues are common. You need to try other fans more closely matched to the H100 fans, or get more of the H100 fans.

Archived