Palit GTS 250

Corsair 500R Case

Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 memory

Corsair Force Series GT 120 SSD

Corsair H100 CPU Cooler

Corsair TX750M PSU

Corsair Link (when available)

• 2 weeks later...

I saw your pics...I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I have the radiator at the top of the case like you. However when I put the fans on their is no room. It covers the psu connector in the upper left hand corner by the left fan, and I can't even get the fan in position on the right side because of the RAM sticks.

What am I doing wrong here? We have essentially the same type of motherboard..Can someone help

I saw your pics...I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I have the radiator at the top of the case like you. However when I put the fans on their is no room. It covers the psu connector in the upper left hand corner by the left fan, and I can't even get the fan in position on the right side because of the RAM sticks.

What am I doing wrong here? We have essentially the same type of motherboard..Can someone help

Put de radiator outside of the case and de fans inside.

I´m sorry about my english, but i´m portuguese:D:

Don't know if mine will help or not.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101182

I did the same with the radiator, pushing air INTO the case from the outside, thus making sure the temperature that goes into the radiator is as cool as possible. I inverted the 200mm fan on the side to push air out and I replaced the stock fans (two front and one back) with XYGMATEK fans (Crystal CLF Series: 2x120mm in front and 140mm out back and at bottom). The noise level of my case dropped dramatically and the temperature on my CPU on high (Prime95 with Core i7 @ 4.8) by 4 degrees. I have yet to replace the default TIM that comes with the H100 with some NT-H1 as well as possibly lap my CPU and H100...

Well, thanks everybody for your replys, made my decision easier to replace 400R through 500R. Now everything is working fine, mesh cover is closed, and yes, you can mount 140mm fans to the top section (this won't work with radiator on top and fans inside the case due to the H100 hoses).

Be careful about replacing the stock fans that come with the H100. The corsair stock fans have a ton of static pressure which is required to push air through the radiator. Other aftermarket fans may be bigger (i.e. 140 MM) but most of them have pitiful static pressure ratings. Getting a couple of 140MM fans to replace the stock 120MM can come with the H100 might actually make things worse. FYI. However, feel free to replace all other fans in the case :-)

@GumbyTheBorg: Thanks for your information! Couldn't find anything about static pressure of Prolimatech BV14, so I sent them an email, still waiting for reply (weekend). I did some test with the Prolimatech and the Corsair stock fans. To make longy story short, there is only a slight difference (~4°C] but the Prolimatech mounted on top will give better results (w/o OC and OC 4.0GHz) so I will stick to them. When OC'ing to 4.8GHz, the stock fans are better (1-2°C).

@GumbyTheBorg: Thanks for your information! Couldn't find anything about static pressure of Prolimatech BV14, so I sent them an email, still waiting for reply (weekend). I did some test with the Prolimatech and the Corsair stock fans. To make longy story short, there is only a slight difference (~4°C] but the Prolimatech mounted on top will give better results (w/o OC and OC 4.0GHz) so I will stick to them. When OC'ing to 4.8GHz, the stock fans are better (1-2°C).

Yeah, I oc'ed my 2600k to 4.8Ghz, so I'm totally sticking with the stock fans that came with the Corsair H100. I am even planning to lap my cpu and heat sink since I want Prime95@4,8 to run at max 70 C or so with the stock fans on low. Right now, with the stock fans on low, I get high 70's, low 80's on prime95 and that's a wee bit hotter than I like (not that I actually run anything that stresses my 2600k that much).

Archived