Corsair Community

GT 120 GB performance not as expected

andrikos21

Hello.My system spec is Asus P8p67 Deluxe , 2600k ,8 GB Corsair Vengeance1866 and one Corsair Gt 120.My problem is that when i run winsat on my ssd i get all tests at 7.9 except Disk Random read 16.0 only 187 mb/s with score of 7.7 and my wei drops to 7.8 .The ssd has maximum 4 hours of use.My older Force 3 was scoring about the same 160 Mb/s at this benchmark.What am i doing wrong?Disk is connected to intel 6g port and atto benchmark scores seem ok

Also i got Win 7 x 64 fresh install with almost 30 gbs left

Untitled.jpg.b08510b45c87d8470480f04db1eca4c2.jpg

Random reads are always the most difficult for any drive, SSD or HDD. You'll always see the lowest scores in random reads if everything else is working correctly. Your results are great for random reads, there is nothing to worry about, and nothing you can change to improve them.

The tests results are different because the tests are different. I'm not sure, but it looks like Winsat does not use compressible data in it's tests, while ATTO does, and Sandforce based SSDs use that capability to increase their speed.

Yes but i think The Force gt excels in compressed and uncompressed files because its nand flash is synchronous while force 3 has asynchronous flash.I am looking for an answer why both my ssd score 7.8 (force 3 and force gt) while other company's same range product scores 7.9.I also see users with my setup and force 3/gt disks scoring 7.9.I just try to find out whats going on and i am stuck whatever i do at 7.8 :)

You shouldn't put too much importance on WEI, really.

I've scored 7.9 on my drive and now it's down to 7.8 again, even after an SE. It's also got a lot more data stored on it now than back then, so that's probably why, but there's nothing to do about that - I'm using it and enjoying the benefit it brings! I could probably move a lot of the data from it and regain the "magical" 7.9, but, really...

Your ATTO speeds are awesome and indeed up to spec, so don't worry, you've got one of the fastest drives available.

Archived