Corsair Community

Anyone here with an oc i7 2600k getting the H100?

pancakepaddle

ok this is going to sound strange... but so far I see no difference other than idle speed from the h50 setup I had.. What fan config are using?

I had my i7 2600k at 5 ghz in on fan on the out side of the case pushing in and another in push/pull. I was able to get 28-32 idle, but stupid load temps in prime95.. it would jump to 78 and climb to o/h. I believe it was stable at 4.6.. which the max temps would be 50-60 range maybe 70 at most if I remember correctly. Let me know if you oc to 5 ghz, I am totally interested to see if it's stable...

In all of the reviews I have seen idle temperatures for all of the known self inclosed loop water cooling units are fairly similar. It is when a load is applied that the real difference shines. There is no way a h100 will be even with a h50 at load with similar ambient temps. If they are the same someone made a mistake installing it or something :)

What was your settings in the vcore? Did you ever have a problem where it would jump above 1.4 to 1.5? What mobo are using? With the h50 it would try its hardest lol to sit at 79 for a few mins but once a core hit 80 then another then another and then started to climb.

What was your settings in the vcore? Did you ever have a problem where it would jump above 1.4 to 1.5? What mobo are using? With the h50 it would try its hardest lol to sit at 79 for a few mins but once a core hit 80 then another then another and then started to climb.

I always have my vcore set manually so that it does not deviate. I never go above 1.45 and I would never actually run it at this permanently. Highest I would go is probably 1.425 per a OC'n thread I read from Intel stating this is the highest they really recommended. My tests at the 1.45 vcore were all done with stock H60 fan intake mode and a weaker corsair fan blowing into the case (both at max rpm) on the other side of the radiator. Not optimal configuration but it was what I had available at the time. I don't recall ever seeing a temp break 75 except one day when I thought it would be funny to run a heat test when it was almost 90 degrees faren in my apt (NO AC HERE IN OREGON). Even then it barely went over 80 and I stopped it due to that being kind of high. My computer runs right now at 4.5ghz @ 1.310 vcore and I am happy with it. In normal use I never see temps over 50c (using yate loons push/pull 2200 rpm fans at 50%) and really that is all you need to worry about. I haven't tested the high vcore with my new fans just because it's so friggin hot in my apartment now it wouldn't be fair to my original results.

Just to let you guys know.

The TJ MAX for these sandy bridge chips are 98C.

I really dont know why you guys worry about hitting 70-80 during stress tests. After all this is temporary testing and the cpu will never ever reach those temps during normal operation. Many of you are forgetting CPU is the MOST durable thing inside a computer and will most likey die the LAST out of any other components.

When you start hitting 85-90 c then start worrying about your chip.

As for h100 vs h50 there is no way in hell h50 performs on par with h100.

If it does 1)ur unit is faulty 2) u installed wrong 3) ur fan sucks

More surface area=better cooling. how can 240 rad with double the thickness cool worse then 120 rad with thin rad?

I was going to get the H100, and I am still tempted just *because*, but honestly I can't see getting much noticeable improvement over my H60. I am completely stable at 4.5ghz, haven't touched the vcore (I think it is at 1.35), and my max temps are under 70. Doesn't seem like a good investment to possibly increase a little bit more and/or lower temps by a couple degrees when I'm already about 30 C under tjmax.

If I hadn't purchased the H60 I would have gone for the H100 for sure, but I don't have any buyer's remorse with the H60.

The thing with the H100 is it will only fit in select cases. Most standard cases would not have the room for it. It would be nice if it was possible the have 2 x 120 rads stacked or connected in series but flexible tubing to increase rad area but even that would be hard to fit in a lot of cases.

i've been running a 26ook @ 5ghz and 1.4v since the b3 boards came out and am thinking about the h100.

Using a silver arrow now and normal load temps in the 50-60 range. Top out in the high 70's running prime.

Just not sure if I can get the 100 in push/pull in the 650d and the maximus iv. Not sure if it'd be worth it with only 2 fans.

i think its confirm u can only run push setup on 650d because its a mid tower case and the motherboard heatsink or vrms will get in the way of pull fan. correct me if im wrong. i think this is true for most mid tower cases and h100 will only do push/pull on full tower cases.

Really you got those temps with silverarrow??? I looked into that one a nice alternative to the d14, I think it even beat by a few.. I am in the process of upgrading to the 580's.. but I am hoping to hear from someone who has put the h100 on a 5ghz i7

Hi.

Click me.

Link is to a review. Tested on an I7 920 which runs hotter than a 2600k. So your results will be better.

Really you got those temps with silverarrow??? I looked into that one a nice alternative to the d14, I think it even beat by a few.. I am in the process of upgrading to the 580's.. but I am hoping to hear from someone who has put the h100 on a 5ghz i7

yup, but i did add an extra fan in the 5.25" bay and replaced all the other fans in the 650d.

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/5643/meshintaketemps.png

You are one lucky man to be able to run your chip that low of a v core at that high of a freq. Highest I could take mine was 4.8 and I had to run it at 1.425 :/

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/5209/5500.png

i dont really have the cooling capacity to test out the high end on my chip... but i think i'm doing good for being on air :)

Archived