Corsair Community

H60 Push/Pull Setup

Ken429

Currently using the H60 for a 2600K CPU on a Asus P8Z68-V Pro MB with 2X4 GB of Corsair Vengeance 1600 C8 memory and a Corsair 620HX P/S. The CPU is set at 4.5GHz (45 multiplier). When I run Prime95 for 3+ hours with the CPU set to Offset Mode and the Offset at + 0.005 the CPU Max Temp is 65C. When I go to CPU Manual Mode @ 1.280V the CPU Max Temp is 62C. Prime95 was running with 8 workers in both cases. I know 65 or 62C is probably in the ball park for this setup but I am running the system in the basement and the ambient temperature is only ~65F so I expected better. Anyway, will it do any good to reseat the H60 Pump with a premium thermal paste? Could someone recommend where I can buy a "H60 Corsair" 4-wire 120MM fan so I can try a Push/Pull setup. I have a couple of other systems with H50 coolers and if Push/Pull helps the H60 I might want to give the H50's a boost.

Ive got an H60 in push/pull (Corsair stock fan with an AP-15) with a mild OC'd 920 (C0/C1) @ 3.4, under 65 C with load 39 C idling right now, I was quite happy with the results. I put a 25mm shroud on the intake and it dropped a nice 3 C on average. Just my experience.

I purchased a H60 2 days ago and im getting around 35c on idle and around 68c full load. Im running my core i7 920 at 3.6ghz. Are these sort of temps correct for my setup? Seems high to me because it's only slightly cooler than my old heatsink/fan.

Archived