Corsair Community

question

edgemaster

Hi...i just bought this memory this week and im having the same problem as yours..im BSODing last 2 days...and run windows memory diagnostic test & says im having a computer memory problem so i concluded that the problem is on my memory...i do switching of my 2 memory sticks & now becomes stable, i'll continue to monitor it...but i just want to know on what is the proper tuning for this memory...i hope i can find the answer here, thank you in advance

I'd highly suggest using RAM that has been confirmed compatible with your CPU as all RAM does not work on all CPU/platforms without issues.

That being said both Intel and AMD CPUs with an IMC are sensitive to the QPI and CPU Northbridge voltages, respectively. On AMD CPU's you may want to try 1.26 V CPU-NB or VDDNB. On Intel CPUs you may want to try 1.35 V QPI.

If your mobo only supports overclocking of RAM on two slots then those are the ones you should use. If you are using ONE RAM kit and it has four DIMMs then you're not going to be able to OC them like you would with two DIMMs. With overclocking there are no guarantees per my signature.

The timings are on the label attached to the DIMM module. This RAM typically is 9-9-9-24 2T at 1.65 V. but it still may not run without issues on an AMD mobo. The official AMD socket AM3 max supported RAM frequency is 1333 MHz. but if you use the proper compatible RAM you can often reach 1600 MHz. with manual BIOS settings.

The proper way to test RAM modules is one at a time with Memtest 86+ V4.10, available from the link at the top left of this page.

I think i already found a solution to my problem. My cpu is i3-560 @ 3.33ghz, the cpu can only support ddr3-1333hz so i think i buy the wrong type of memory. I bought the same memory as mentioned above which is a 1600mhz module. I tried to lower the freq. thru setting my motherboard (asus) in XMP profile & bring down freq. below 1600mhz & DRAM voltage to 1.5v. Then i install again my win7 x64...everything goes smooth until to the latest updating of windows with no problem. Then i install starcraft 2, i run it then BSOD comes out saying 'memory dumping'... I think i have to buy new stick with 1333mhz speed

Yes you're correct..i just found out in intel.com, it says i3-560 can use ddr3-1600Mhz. it says it will automatically switches to 1333Mhz. And my problem is solved, i run memtest to both sticks & i found 1 stick faulty so im gonna return it tommorow to seller. I install again win7 x64 & no more problems, no more BSOD. As of now im using only 1 stick (2GB).

Archived