Corsair Community

remount cooler?

Mebourne

First post here, looking for some advice.

CPU clocked at 4001.22MHz - D0

Voltage: 1.258

Idle temps: 46, 44, 49, 42

Load temps: 76, 72, 73, 69

HT off

-----------------------------------------

What is the thoughts on those load temps, do you think it is worth doing a re-mount? Ambient @26 deg, have the H70 (stock fans @ high / no shroud) in exhaust (back mounted) right now due to overpressurization of the case as intake. I have two tecnofront shourds and a bay mount coming in so I can mount it as front intake and allow for an additional fan as exhaust in the rear to keep air moving. I'll be working up my OC and hopefully the new hardware will help. Are these current load temps safe for 24/7 longevity use?

Thanks in advance.

1959343652_4.0GhzLinXTest-1.258Vcore200mVVTT.thumb.jpg.abb9b8815cb11efef00428249407c5de.jpg

Thanks for the reply,

I'm gonna do some benchmarking with the fan configuration and put together some results that may help people. Currently my top case exhaust is half covered by the h70 rad/fans in the back exhaust slot, so maybe some tweaking there will help as well. As I mentioned I have a bay cooler mount and shroud coming along with some shin etsu x23 to remount the plate. Once i get that moded out, I will have h70 back as intake and hopefully should allow for enough open exhaust ports to keep the case from over pressurizing.

Btw, I was able to get the system stable (20 LinX runs) at 4.2ghz last night but was peaking one core at 80deg C. For general purpose use that should mean about a 70deg C 24/7 temp. Do you think that is too high?

Thanks again,

Mebourne

Remount might help but your not too far off. Maybe a little tweaking to get your temps down a few more C.

I would seriously consider running it as an intake rather than exhaust. Seems to work much better. Knocked my temps down a few degrees.

If you are using rear intake, you should check your system temps as well.

A few degrees drop in cpu temp could give you higher system temps, when running intake.

I had too mention this sins many only focus on cpu temps, and not the over all temp balance of cpu, gpu, and motherboard chip sett temps.::pirate::

If you are using rear intake, you should check your system temps as well.

A few degrees drop in cpu temp could give you higher system temps, when running intake.

I had too mention this sins many only focus on cpu temps, and not the over all temp balance of cpu, gpu, and motherboard chip sett temps.::pirate::

I have dual 120mm fans on top which were intake at first but I turned them around as exhaust. I actually pull enough air that it is possible to actually feel a breeze at the front of my case without the front intake fan running. My ambient temperatures, memory, and GPU temps dropped after turning my fans around to intake the cooler and exhaust the top.

Archived