Corsair Community

H70 Top mounting and related questions

IRAKLION

1. Would top mounting cause the pump to overly stress due to its having to pump coolant against gravity to the radiator? Promote premature failure or leakage? I note that in the recommended config the radiator and pump are roughly on the same level.

2. Intake config brings dust, as well as radiator heated air, into the 800D. Can a fan filter be used on the push fan to keep out the dust?

3. My mobo has 4-pin CPU fan connectors. If I use the 3-pin supplied fans will the mobo still be able to report fan speed?

4. Should I disable the ASUS Q-Fan controller in the bios to use the stock fans?

1. Would top mounting cause the pump to overly stress due to its having to pump coolant against gravity to the radiator? Promote premature failure or leakage? I note that in the recommended config the radiator and pump are roughly on the same level.

2. Intake config brings dust, as well as radiator heated air, into the 800D. Can a fan filter be used on the push fan to keep out the dust?

3. My mobo has 4-pin CPU fan connectors. If I use the 3-pin supplied fans will the mobo still be able to report fan speed?

4. Should I disable the ASUS Q-Fan controller in the bios to use the stock fans?

1. No, it's a closed loop.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

4. Yes and no, it depends on how you want to control the fans.

I have mine on the top 120mm mount as an exhaust (push pull) and ive reversed the 140mm rear exhaust to have it as a intake to bring fresh air to the rad. my temps are great. (note i put a filter on the 140mm to keep dust out) and i still have 2 120mm top mounted as extra exhausts.

I have a Q6600 Oc'd to 3.4ghz and running prime95 for 1 hour the max temp reached was 63*C.

Bottom 140mm intake supplies VGAs with fresh cool air, 140mm rear provides outside air to the H70 then my 2 120mm help vent out heated air in the case.

i love the 800D and the H70 is pretty Rad (no pun intended)

I have mine on the top 120mm mount as an exhaust (push pull) and ive reversed the 140mm rear exhaust to have it as a intake to bring fresh air to the rad. my temps are great. (note i put a filter on the 140mm to keep dust out) and i still have 2 120mm top mounted as extra exhausts.

I have a Q6600 Oc'd to 3.4ghz and running prime95 for 1 hour the max temp reached was 63*C.

Bottom 140mm intake supplies VGAs with fresh cool air, 140mm rear provides outside air to the H70 then my 2 120mm help vent out heated air in the case.

i love the 800D and the H70 is pretty Rad (no pun intended)

Thanks much, coolhandl, good idea.

Archived