Corsair Community

New 800d build - info needed

andyvee

Update , new cable is not much better than the original , mic socket still connects / disconnects at random and noise on speaker and mic so new cable appears to be same as old one as far as shielding goes , did they send you anything different or are you the same as me ? .

I have worked around it for now by getting a set of logitech speakers that plug in the back which have a breakout type box where you can plug a headset / mic in so am working for now while i see if Corsair actually come up with a proper fix as that other company did with their 1200 case :p: but won't hold my breath .

Hey sorry for slow reply the IO DID not fix my issues it got rid of the feedback through my headset but my team mates and squad staff are saying that it sounds like I am using a electric razer when talking through my headset mic. This only happens when my headset is plugged into my front jacks

Yeah thats strange , my clan said exactly the same for me , sounds like i'm shaving while talking when using the front jacks :(: .

have you any idea what to do next as i'm out of ideas , as above i've fudged it for now by using a set of speakers plugged in the rear which also have a mic socket on them so i don't have to keep reaching round the back ? , gonna try the cable in a friends HAF932 later on today to see if it is the cable and if so will try his cable in the 800d ( just gonna follow same path for cable and hang round the front as close as i can get to where it bolts on ) , if that shows the cable as faulty i'll check again with Corsair , if not i'm gonna RMA the entire case back to my supplier and find something else ( not the HAF though as no air filters available for the inlets and too many other holes for dust to get into )

You could use your reset button for power while your waiting the new panel i guess .

I'm waiting for my next panel to arrive and hopefully mic socket will work with this one , don't think it will cure the noise issue though but i'm sending the old units back so they can take a look at them and see what the issue is so at least there ( hopefully ) gonna be working on a proper fix and can find the root cause ( getting a bit like work this except its just my home machine not a Sun/HP/IBM server giving me hassle at 2am ;): ) .

While your here i think i may have solved my gfx card heat issues , i got a Scythe Kama Stay , its a pci bracket that can have 2 120mm fans in different configs so gonna put that above my Gtx280's and see how much they cool down but waiting for the 2nd fan to arrive , i'll let you know how it goes .

Hi Kounty , update for yer , the kama stay helped a bit but played bad company 2 Friday evening for 3-4 hours and when i came out saw that gfx were up in the 90's , so come Saturday i pulled the trigger on this and gotta CM-sniper black and rebuilt my components into it . End result cpu temps ( H50 ) are similiar to above in the 800d but gfx cards ( sli'd 280's ) are now running low-mid 40's idle and mid 60's in BC2 , even tried Furmark 1.8 for 30 mins and that peaked at 86 ( in the 800d it would heat thermal limit - 105 - in Furmark in ~10 minutes ) .

Also extra bonus no noise on the front panel :p: .

Shame really as i liked the look of the 800d , really good on water as can be easily found but the sniper kills it on air bigtime and thats with all the extra fans i fitted to the 800d :sigh!:

Archived