Corsair Community

Im back and need Derek Help

hossam.sy

Hi man, you remeber me, The one with the P5n64 WS Pro Asus board which I couldn't clock it at all, but now, I've got a new Striker II extreme and Q9450 and GTX280 and ofcourse Corsair CMX3 DHX 1600 C7, and Im clocking 30% as you will see in the attached files, but my problem is I didn't change any voltage manually except for the NB=1.52 and Ram=1.8 which striker reads it 1.84V, so Im a bit confused because when I restart, sometimes, the board hang on CodeInit shown on the LCD Sticker, and the computer will not post, and the screen will be down, but when I press the power restart button, It will post normally sometimes and with Overclocking Error sometimes, so if you can check what Im missing in that whole Process to help me with, and here I attached the Everest Screens while Im stressing everything for 15 and 25 Minutes, just check my Numbers and help me if I need any other voltage to be adjusted, and what about the temperatures, and is it fatal or not?

and about my Nbridge, 1.52~1.54 V is normal or a bit too high, and If I raised it more a bit, it will be better and I will evade the post issues?

Thanks man derek and waiting for your list of bios adjustment if needed, Please.

Thanks

563069635_after15Minutes.thumb.jpg.4ccb9bce62ba2812562b90746fe1baff.jpg

121438889_after25Minutes.thumb.jpg.17390d8e9dbc7e842c5450b5a95e4e7f.jpg

Report.txt

Well it is stable now on same of what I have sent, you know what, when I was running everything on 1600 it was not stable, now it is, as after raising to 1750, it got stable in a mysterious way, but you think Im getting too high with the Temperatures, and about the NB, is 1.52 is too high and what is the limit of my NB temps and Voltages?

With any Nvidia based high end chipset (680/780/790) you need to have more than adequate cooling and they all run hot.

A General rule of thumb (With a well cooled system)

• Maximum Safe Core Voltage = 1.425v
  • Maximum Safe FSB Voltage = 1.4v
  • Maximum MCH Voltage = 1.65v
  • Maximum SPP Voltage = 1.5v
  • Maximum GTLREF Lane Voltage = ~80mv

Regarding thermals. Please research this thread:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=190691&highlight=Striker+Extreme

So please, tell me what is the correct voltages and timing, to do this, to raise it to 1800, as Im bringing a watercooling system soon, and tell me what is the best Rams to add to the existed 2GB ones, Im thinking of the same, but with 4GIG C7 1600, so if I will be getting these, am I will be able to clock it to 1600 C7 timing for all of them?

Anytime you populate all four DRAM slots you lose OC potential and DRAM speed potential. I advise 1333C7 with four 1600C7. For your other question I already answered in your double post.

Please stick to one post.

So please, tell me what is the correct voltages and timing, to do this, to raise it to 1800, as Im bringing a watercooling system soon, and tell me what is the best Rams to add to the existed 2GB ones, Im thinking of the same, but with 4GIG C7 1600, so if I will be getting these, am I will be able to clock it to 1600 C7 timing for all of them?

Sorry for my Multipost, I was getting in to ask this question when I found someone already did, and NO I don't have any fan, but Im hooking 2 Thermal sensor to my rams, between the Heatsink and the Electronic board where there is no resistors, and Im reading 29~31 C on both sensors, and Ill be trying this Timings because this System is Rock Solid, I never reset the bios with all that OCs I've done to it, and all that BSOD and Problems is in my Second Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit System cause I have two vistas on my PC, and I think what was making that BSOD and Problems (Nvidia Network Card Failing...etc) is Adobe CS3 softwares, cause now the second windows is freezing and need to be reinstalled (the Adobe CS3's one), Im sure it was software problems and now Im playing, Clocking and Downloading for 3 Days without any prob at all, I even tried to Manually and Automatically change all the Voltages and all the Frequencies without any failure, not even once, it looks like this Voltages areas are fake :D:, and Ill be throwing my Rams away for a 4Gig of 2000 Dominator, Thats for Sure :cool:

Archived