Corsair Community

Gigabyte P35 DS3L & CM2X2048-8500C5D

an7779

Hi.i have an Intel E6750 2.6 Ghz Core 2 Duo/1333 working on a Gigabyte P35 DS3L MB ,with a Kingston Memory 2gb kit(1 gb each) @667 ,I bought a brand new dominator 4gb kit memory ,a CM2X2048-8500C5D model & when i instal it the system won't boot & my screen stil black.No beeping,no warning messages.when i took out my dominator & instal back my kingston the system works again.I bought this dominator after checking system & MB compatibility with this dominator on the http://www.corsair.com. I have updated my Bios to the latest version & nothing changed.I noticed that my kingston works on a 1.8 volts & the dominator has 2.1 volts written on it !! & i noticed that i can increase my DDR2 Voltage from the bios menu but i'm affraid to lose my kingston by over voltage & never be able to instal my dominator or even get my bios default settings.please help me 'coz i have this dominator for a month & never get to use it.

Download memtest from http://www.memtest.org and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk. Shut the system down. Insert one stick of the other DRAM. Enter your BIOS. On the main BIOS screen press Ctrl + F1. You will see the screen flicker. Next select the MB Intelligent Tweaker option. On that screen you will see many additional settings that were not there before.

Enter this value:

DDR2 OverVoltage Control = +.3V

Save settings and shut down. Remove the DRAM stick and insert the Corsair sticks in slot 1 (Closest to the CPU) and slot 3.

Restart

hi,thanks for the help man,i did exactly as you said,it worked but unfortunately not for long.i logged on to my windows & i checked my memory & found to be 3.5gb ,then i shut down my PC & connected my dominator fan included in the package & my printer &.....etc.when i start my pc again,it freezes to the first boot screen of gigabyte.i turned off my pc again & unpluged the dominator fan & nothing changed,still freezing on the same boot screen.let me tell you that i don't know how much Watts my power supply gives ,to break the doubt i have changed it to another 300 watts power supply & the same freeze happened. for the notice i have :

1) 3 fans in my case including CPU fan.

2) a sky star2 satellite card.

3) a gigabyte geforce 8800 GT which has a power cable that takes power from 2 power cables that come directly from the power supply.

4) a GIGABYTE Multi-DVD drive SATA not IDE

5) 2 Edifier speakers (M 1300 model number).

6) hp Deskjet 1460 series.

i think my power supply is giving not enough power to let all these work ,am I wrong ?should i change my power supply to a 450 watts power supply or even higher.tell me please 'coz i know my PCI Express card needs at least 165-210 watts for optimal performance.thaks & sorry for making this post long

Have all your memory settings in AUTO. Change the DRAM voltage in your BIOS from 1.8 to 2.1. Don't worry, it can always be changed back. Ignore Gigabyte's 2.1 volt warning message. Tell your BIOS to "Use Optimized Defaults". Go back at double-check your memory voltage. Change it back to 2.1 if the BIOS set it otherwise. Save those settings and give it a try.

Archived