Corsair Community

RAMGUY -- help =(

Per your idea, I tested each stick of ram I have separately. To rehash... IC7-G rev 1.1, bios 22 p4 2.4C Corsair TwinX pc3200 C2PT rev 1.2 512x2 ( 1 gig ) Herc 9800 Pro Audigy 2 -- Problem my GAT is the standard OC bit, A:N:A:D:D RAM cacheables disabled 2.7 volts going to the ram 1.6 on the core timings are 2:3:3:6 or 2:3:3:7 when OC'ing, or SPD at 2.5:3:3:8 I set the FSB up to 250, 5:4 divider, PCB strap at 800, AGP/PCI fixed Test #1 Both sticks System seems stable at 250/200. Memtest passes 5 runs. Get into windows, seems stable. Load up 3dmark03 -- same old same old -- syntax line error when loading tests. This happens when the CPU is getting "disorganized" information from the RAM. Test #2 Single stick System is rock solid, syntax error or line errors not present, memtest passes. Test #2 Single stick #2 Same, rock solid, finishes 03 with almost identical results. Test #3 Both sticks in swapped positions Same result as test #1 Conslusion -- Dual channel is borking something IMO. Should I try the 2 sticks of ram in the 2 and 4 positions on the mobo and see what happens? Im really quite lost as to why it is doing this, I'd run 1 stick but...well Id prefer not to.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='SilverSliver']Interesting. I read that CH-5 ram HATES higher voltages, and it seems true enough. I tried 2:3:2:6 at 2.6 volts, and its running rock stable, no errors.[/QUOTE] I have been experiencing with dual chanel. You must lower your RAM settings in BIOS when using dual. I use 3-4-4-8

Archived