Corsair Community

HydroCool flow meter really slow

Reuel

Hi... I set up the HydroCool 2 months ago and everything worked well. I followed the directions and used distilled water and all the additive. The flow meter seemed to make one revolution every second. I left for a week vacation and just got back. I had left my puter on while I was gone. When I got back from my trip, I noticed that the flow meter was REALLY slow and my CPU temps had risen 10 degrees F. Now the flow meter makes one revolution every 10 seconds, a full 1/10 slower than it used to be. The only change while I was gone was some drywall construction in a nearby room which produced alot of dust. I don't have a dust filter on the HydroCool. Visual inspection with a flashlight doesn't show very much dust. I sprayed some compressed air into the radiator and the general box just to be safe. No change to flow rate. I also noticed that the water level was a bit lower, so I filled it back up with distilled water. Some other things I should mention is that during the 2 months I have been using the HydroCool, the temp has been slowly rising without any overclocking or anything. When I first set it up, I had temps of 65F. When I left for vacation, I had 76F after small increases over 2 months. Now I have 86F. Any explanation and help is much appreciated! :biggrin:

• Corsair Employee
The flow of water will not be affected by dust in the fan or radiator. I would suggest checking for any bent or kinked hoses going from the Hydrocool unit to the CPU block and back. The lower water level is from the air bubbles bleeding themselves out of the system. This will happen during the first days or week of use. For temps, please also take into account the ambient temps of the room. The Hydrocool will keep the water close to ambient. If ambient temp rises so will the temp of the CPU. Let me know if you continue to have problems. Thanks!

Hello Cool Guy. The problem is worse now. The flow meter has stopped moving at all. Temp is at 96F without much load on CPU. Under load, it moves to 101F and my motherboard starts sounding the high CPU temp beep. It does that when my CPU reaches 120F. I haven't had kinks or severe bends in my tubing since I set up the unit. That can't be the problem. The ambient temps of the room are in the 70's F. This is cold and rainy Portland, Oregon. I really need help now that the flow has stopped. Should I get a RMA and send it back?

Archived