Corsair Community

reccomendation on adding more ram

I currently have a twinx pc3200-ll in my system taking two slots for dual channel. The twinx in 2 sticks of pc3200, 256mb at low latency. I still have one more slot to fill on my a7n8x board. If I decide to get a 512mb should I get a stick that is the exact kind as my other stick and that holds the same amount of memory to improve my performance. Or it doesn't matter what kind of size or type I get? I was thinking about getting another stick of corsair xms pc3200ll 512mb stick, but I'm not sure if i could use one of corsair's xms pc3200 regular stuff because I have the low lantency sticks already in my board.

[quote name='greendy123']I currently have a twinx pc3200-ll in my system taking two slots for dual channel. The twinx in 2 sticks of pc3200, 256mb at low latency. I still have one more slot to fill on my a7n8x board. If I decide to get a 512mb should I get a stick that is the exact kind as my other stick and that holds the same amount of memory to improve my performance. Or it doesn't matter what kind of size or type I get? I was thinking about getting another stick of corsair xms pc3200ll 512mb stick, but I'm not sure if i could use one of corsair's xms pc3200 regular stuff because I have the low lantency sticks already in my board.[/QUOTE] I would suggest you read this, especially the part about "Using Dual Channel". It seems to explain it all. [url]http://www.amdmb.com/article-display.php?ArticleID=279&PageID=3[/url]

Archived