Corsair Community

Asus P5B and Corsair XMS2 DDR-800

81green

Hi there, new to the board.

I recently bought a new PC, including a Corsair 2 GB Kit (2x1GB) - a TWIN2X2048-6400 DDR2-800 (XM2S-6400) - together with an Asus P5B board and a C2D E6400. I tested the Ram with memtest rightaway when I received it and didn't find any problems (didn't test more than 2 hours though), however recently I had some bluescreens and crashes and finally found out that the Ram was the issue (tested one stick each at a time and one of the two sticks produced more than 6000 errors in the first seconds under memtest, while the other one seems to run well).

I actually checked on the Corsair site for compatibility before buying them, as I'm a Corsair fan for quite some time now and I'd like to continue using your Ram in the future. I already contacted the reseller and will send back the sticks soon, I'm a bit worried about buying that Kit again though, as the error wasn't there from the very beginning. So my question is if I can safely use that Kit with a P5B board or if there's some kind of compatibility problem that would prevent me from doing so?

If you search on the forum, there are plenty of users using this mobo/RAM combo. This mobo and RAM has been out for quite some time now and there are no known compatibility issues. Just make sure you manually adjust the memory voltage to 1.9v min 2.1v max.

Archived