Corsair Community

Corsair ram question

cpus456

was wondering if you can asnwer two questions please.

i currently own the following;

AMD 64 4000

Abit k8n sli mobo

1 Gb (2x 512mb twinx1024 3200xl) memory

2 xfx 6600 gt

1st> My mother board supports dual channel (as you can see above) and i want to add another set of memory chip to have a total of 2gb of ram

So right now my ram is running ay 2.2.2.5 and i wanted to add a pair of CMX512 3200pro w/ leds, but they are 2.3.3.6, im guessing that the loss in latency is a good trade off concidering that i getting an extra gb of ram right?

, or would it be best that spennd the extra money and get some 2.2.2.5 ram. i really like corsair but cant afford or find the exact same ram.

2nd> is 2 x CMX512-3200pro and twinx1024-3200c2pro the same, What i want to know is, will the 2 x cmx 512's run as daul channel ?

And do you think this is a good idea, i want to be more than ready for vista,

Please advise!

was wondering if you can asnwer two questions please.

i currently own the following;

AMD 64 4000

Abit k8n sli mobo

1 Gb (2x 512mb twinx1024 3200xl) memory

2 xfx 6600 gt

1st> My mother board supports dual channel (as you can see above) and i want to add another set of memory chip to have a total of 2gb of ram

So right now my ram is running ay 2.2.2.5 and i wanted to add a pair of CMX512 3200pro w/ leds, but they are 2.3.3.6, im guessing that the loss in latency is a good trade off concidering that i getting an extra gb of ram right?

, or would it be best that spennd the extra money and get some 2.2.2.5 ram. i really like corsair but cant afford or find the exact same ram.

2nd> is 2 x CMX512-3200pro and twinx1024-3200c2pro the same, What i want to know is, will the 2 x cmx 512's run as daul channel ?

And do you think this is a good idea, i want to be more than ready for vista,

Please advise!

You will find that you are very likely going to have to drop your RAM Speed and possibly your timings to run such a setup.

I personally find no difference between 2 and 3GB of ram. Very likely this will change with VISTA but I will not be running VISTA for some time until many of the bugs are fixed. I will not move from a mature system to a buggy one so I do not see the additional RAM being useful for me. If you are moving to VISTA immediately then I would think you would find it beneficial even though you drop from 400MHz to 333 and your timings raised as well.

Archived