Corsair Community

Memory or Motherboard Problem? Help please!

shllshck

I have the Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PT and an ASUS A8N-SLI motherboard running an Athlon 64 3700+ (San Diego).

I had no problem booting into and running Windows at both 2.5-3-3-6 IT and 2-3-3-6 IT with auto voltage setting. I also had no problem running 3DMark05 with both settings.

However, I ran into some stability issues with both settings while in World of Warcraft. I had read that under the auto voltage settings, the ASUS board may not be supplying enough voltage to the RAM. So I set my mem timing and voltage to 2.5-3-3-6 IT at 2.7 volts but there were still some stability issues in WoW but 3DMark05 ran fine. I restarted and alterered my voltage to 2.75 while maintaining 2.5-3-3-6 IT timings. With this setting 3DMark05 crashed out. I then shutdown the system but wasn't able to get back into the BIOS to alter the voltage. The system actually won't even post now.

I've tried clearing CMOS, resetting both sticks of memory, reset video card, and have tried testing with only one piece of the Corsair memory. I've tried posting with a single stick in both mem slot 1B and 1A but nothing. I've tried both sticks singly.

Any ideas on what else to check? Could the Corsair ram have been damaged by the 2.75 V? Isn't it supposed to be able to run at 2.75V? Does sound like more of a motherboard issue? I don't have any other RAM or motherboard I can plug into to check.

Archived